Death Was Too Good For The Likes Of Him!

Hey guys! Sorry for the delay, but now I'm back!

Before you start the chapter, let me remind you again that, I have changed the date of the London Blitz by a couple of years to suit the story. So please, don't come after my head just because I need Tom to be a bit older than 13 years for my story! XD

PS: This chapter will contain a brief mention of child abuse and graphic displays of violence. The warning is added before the scene starts, so you may skip the part if needed.

*****

Slytherin Suite, Hogwarts
16th April, 1943 

"Okay, so we have only three ingredients left to collect. The seeds of Iris foetidissima, a non-magical hemolytic and Mooncalf fur." Tom mused as he read through the parchment once again, relaxing on the couch of the Slytherin suite, decked in the casual clothing he so rarely wore. After all, there was no need for him to put up a show here, being with a family member.

As it was Friday, Tom had a free period after lunch followed by double study hall, which meant that after lunch his classes would be finished for the day. So the two of them will be able to relax without interruption, as it was not even breakfast time.

"I don't understand, what kind of hemolytic do we need?"

"Anything non-magical, but strong enough to work on Jörmungandr's blood," Hadrianus explained from where he was relaxing beside Tom, wearing a pair of Tom's old pyjamas. He was again fiddling with his sleeve, and Tom wondered whether it was a nervous tick of his, even though there was nothing to be nervous about. "We need it to make sure it stays in liquid form and doesn't clot until the ritual is complete. Magical hemolytics would only be negated by the innate magic in Jörmungandr's blood."

"What kind of hemolytic did you use for your rituals?"

"Er, I...erm, unknowingly took some venom of a saw-scaled viper from your stock."

Tom looked at Hadrianus sharply upon hearing this, the other teen had turned his head away looking mortified and sheepish.

"You stole from me?" Tom accused.

"What? No, I didn't." Hadrianus gave him an incredulous look, "It was our potion cupboard in the Manor. I have every right to raid it!"

Did he really have a Manor in the future? Tom felt excited to hear that, but he suppressed the part in order to focus on the present, "Then why did you look embarrassed?" and 'Unknowingly'? What does that suppose to mean?

"That was because of who the said saw-scaled viper was! She...she is my...our...er, acquaintance! I didn't know that when I took it! And I'd never use her like that. So I was looking for something to replace it with, but I haven't found anything as strong as her hemotoxic venom, yet."

A saw-scaled viper with deadly strong venom, acquaintance? Tom had an inkling feeling that he knew exactly whom Hadrianus was talking about. If what Tom was thinking about was true, then she must have been around when Hadrianus grew up. Though by the time Hadrianus was born, she would have turned into a true beast, with no trace of humanity.

But he has no idea why Hadrianus would feel so flustered to milk some venom from Nagini.

At least it meant that Tom had truly kept Nagini around as his familiar, as he was already planning to do.

"Fine, we can go tonight and ask my acquaintance here for the same, since it clearly worked. After you return to your timeline, you may work on finding other ingredients."

Hadrianus looked relieved, and nodded in agreement. "That'd be great! Where will we go?"

"To the chamber's private room, to meet my friend there."