[VALENTINE'S SPECIAL] ~ Fate's Destined Letter 💛(💙ish)🌞🌈+🥛

Good morning, good evening, good afternoon! Happy Valentine's Day, you singles, taken, or talking. Or should I stick with "readers"? Well, that's beside the point. Today's the day of sweets and LOVE!! Cherish those you love; family, friends, your significant others, whoever it may be. Because they all matter, and so do you! Enjoy this random Valentine's Special I thought of! 💗

I researched the origins of Valentine's Day and now know what it's about and where it comes from and it's so cool. I suggest looking at some stuff yourself! Anyway, enjoy!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The excited screams of playful children, the sounds of scurrying workers, and the clanking of warriors' silver armor. It all echoed soundly. The stone arches, slim and steady, curved over the center of the city. Such a structure above Venti's head gave him a bit of relaxation, the stress in his mind slowly washing away even as a figure approached him as he sharpened his sword.

"Beelzebul, my old friend, I suppose you have something to say?" The soldier raised his head. The Shogun stared at him from above with an agitated look.

"What on Earth were you thinking when you decided to arrange marriages?" She paused. "Illegally." That was the last thing the stone-cold woman could say of such a topic. Venti laughed. The girl was always so big on things like laws and rules. If one was broken, her heart would shatter.

Boring!

"What do you think? Love and happiness are in the air, is it not?" He hummed.

Raiden scoffed. "So is war. And death. Do you not understand, Barbatos? I don't want to do anything to you, but the Emperor will surely not spare you," She said the last part quietly, nodding to the large tower that stood not far from their resting place; a pillar. "Plus, I understand that you were once a priest, but you are a warrior now. Things like these are going to get you in trouble."

Venti laughed. "He won't know." He assured with a nervous chuckle, tossing away the sharpening rock somewhere into the luscious fields. Raiden folded her arms.

"And what if he does?" She asked, her eyes narrowed. Venti blinked and he thought for a moment with his face glancing down. After a long while, as the silence grew between the two, he suddenly smiled. Raiden raised a brow. 

With his eyes shut, Venti slowly picked up his sword's hilt and rose it from his lap.

"Then I'd rather die than agree with him." He declared with a grin, sheathing it into a long, leather pouch as a sharp noise echoed all throughout Rome.

***

Xiao walked down the steps, clutching a book in his hands. Darkness swept around his vision, sight out of bounds. Even so, it seemed that he knew his surroundings so well it didn't matter. He continued to walk down the spiral staircase with ease. Not even dizziness came to him by the movement.

Once he reached the end, Xiao could feel the heavy stone beneath his feet. Someone called out to him.

"Xiao! You came!"

Xiao heard large footsteps approaching. He recognized them quite well, as well as the voice.

"Sir, greetings." He bowed low. His father laughed softly.

"Raise your head, boy. Why are you always so formal with me? Up now, up now," He put a hand on Xiao's chin and raised it. Xiao stood there in silence with him. "You have a new teacher. Exciting, isn't it?" He changed the subject.

"Yes, I suppose," Xiao murmured. He wasn't really sure what to expect. It was a new friend of the old man's, and apparently, he had the power of gods. It might not even be true, for all Xiao knew, but he decided not to refuse anyway. He must be somewhat good if his father insisted on him seeing a literal prisoner.