3| Party Time

AMARA

    Sprawled out on my bed, book in hand I was in a whole different world. Soft, pretty music flowed into my ears with the help of my headphones. Romance novels are my absolute favorite. So much so, that I've found and created an abundance of playlists to go along with the novels I read. My love for reading will never fade. Besides, what else would I be doing at 6:30 on a Friday night?

    Shit. That's right. I forgot about the party already.

    I reached underneath my pillow and grabbed my phone that had been on do not disturb since I started reading. As soon as I switched it on, all of the messages came flowing through.

JJ Brown

Don't forget we pickin you up at 8

Can I add you to the boys groupchat?

Amara?

Hello?

JJ Brown added you to a group

HAZEL

Umm why didn't you tell me you're going to the party tonight?

AND fine ass JJ Brown asked you to go?

Girl, imma kick your ass tonight

See you there!

Hails <3

Amara?!

ur going to the party?!

    Oh lord.

    I tossed my phone back onto my bed and made my way into the bathroom to take a shower.

    After shaving every inch of my body, moisturizing and styling my curls, I started on makeup. I decided on a frosty purple shimmer for my lids with a warm, pink lipgloss for contrast.

    While making my way back to my bedroom, I put loads of different outfits together in my mind. I could be basic and wear jeans. Or, I could go for street style with a graphic tee and cargo pants combination. However, this isn't school. This is my first high school party.

    I have to show out. Especially due to the fact that everyone is going to want to take pictures of this rare occurrence. Amara King at a party? Unusual.

    Finally, I decided on an absolutely perfect dress. The dress hovers just above my knees and it dips a little at the neckline due to some rouging. My favorite part of this dress is definitely the color. It's a little dark than a pastel purple and covered with glitter. If there are two things I love in this world, it's glitter and all things purple. To make it simpler, I paired it with my white, platform converse, a silver chain bracelet and a silver necklace.

JJ Brown
Yo
We outside

Amara
Okay
be out in a sec

    Before heading out, I grabbed my cross body bag, phone, gum, lipgloss and of course, pepper spray. I'm a young woman in America, It's essential.

"Bye Mom! I'm leaving now!" I called out as I reached the bottom of the stairs.

"Have fun honey! Get in trouble or something!" I chuckled at her remark.

    The sounds of rap music polluted my brain as I stepped outside and made my way to the driveway. Don't get me wrong, I love some Drake or J Cole, but these boys are playing music loud enough for the entire neighborhood to enjoy.

"Amara!" JJ yelled as he stood up in the Jeep with it's top down.

"JJ!" I returned his energy.

"Ready to get lit?" Luke asked from the backseat.