𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞: Fitting Room

Donghyuck's daily routine was monotonous. He had nothing against it, however. It was his duty as an omega to always live in a loop and make the alpha's life easier. But monotony made him lose track of time. He lost track of the letters he sent to Renjun as he kept writing, no longer waiting for the other omega's response.

He did continuously check the mailbox, noticing a few personal letters to Mark, which the alpha read out loud during dinner. They were from his parents. They congratulated the couple and expressed their hope for future bonding. Mark and Donghyuck liked the letter and support but didn't even touch the topic of bonding.

Mark appeared too busy to think of this, and Donghyuck believed it was too early. They were on good terms just the way they were. They talked like a couple, fit into their roles too well, and never got into arguments. They had never kissed, though, and the only time they touched each other was if they hugged.

To some people, their relationship might look cold and slow, but the omega liked it. It wasn't like what Jaehyun and Taeyong had—theirs were rushed. But it all depended on the time of an omega's heat cycle, right? If Taeyong had it soon after Jaehyun bought him, they surely warmed up around each other and made their relationship stable as they explored each other through lovemaking. Donghyuck didn't wait for his heat cycle as he couldn't imagine himself mating with Mark. He also didn't want any changes in his life. He liked to help the alpha with food, his clothes, and so on. He didn't want them to have anything romantic between them. Donghyuck only wanted Renjun.

The next month started. Donghyuck counted that after eight days or so it'll be a month since he started living with Mark. He found it surprising as he didn't really feel how fast time went. The omega tried to count how many times he spent his day inside the kitchen, which turned out to be a very difficult task! It was his favorite place, of course, he was there almost every hour!

Apart from these things, which Donghyuck found fun to think about, he also faced some serious concerns. If it was almost a month since he was there, it meant Donghyuck's heat was next week. He wasn't prepared. He didn't really know what to do. Remembering what Taeyong told him was relieving since he wouldn't have to use medicine anymore, but at the same time, it frightened Donghyuck. Did that mean Mark would be the one taking care of him?

In the middle of the week, the alpha carried out good news about the business party this Friday. He told Donghyuck that the most significant clients and their mates would be present, as well as all of his team, so the party would be fun for everyone. The omega got excited hearing all this, as new and many people always made him delighted. What freaked him out, though, was the dress code.

"I don't know what to wear!" he gasped.

"Don't worry. I don't think I have anything either," Mark laughed. "I'll ask Miss Kim to move my schedule so we can go shopping on Friday afternoon."

Donghyuck waited for this day, barely keeping himself calm. Even when he went to sleep, his mind traveled to the first business party he was about to attend. It'll look way different than the neighborhood one! People there will have their best outfits prepared, they all will be very intelligent and obviously wealthy! Donghyuck knew he'd have to remember all the etiquette classes to be the perfect Mark's fiance.

When Friday afternoon came, Donghyuck was dying to go shopping. Carrying Daisy for Taeyong to look after, he couldn't help but blabber everything to the omega.

"I'm so happy for you, Donghyuck. But, please, remember everything you were taught!"

"I will! Take care of Daisy!"

When the time finally arrived, the omega got upset. Even before he got closer to the car, he already saw Mia inside. She was in the passenger's seat which made Donghyuck feel somewhat left out that he had to be at the back.