𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧: Office

The first day of the weekend was weird as the rest of the day Donghyuck, and also Mark, tried to sober up. They slept longer than usual, and when Donghyuck woke up and noticed that it was 11 AM and the alpha was missing—the right side of the bed was empty and even cold—he freaked out.

He, an omega, always needed to wake up first and prepare breakfast for an alpha, no matter what day or in what condition he was. "Even when you're sick or are in pain," said all omega teachers, "you have to get up and take care of the alpha. If you don't, your alpha won't go to work, won't bring the money, and won't buy you medicine." Feeling guilty and embarrassed that he lost his perception of time just because he drank, Donghyuck rose and began changing his clothes, peeling off the aquamarine suit and dressing up like a housemate instead.

Before leaving the room, he glanced at the mirror, noticing that his makeup was smudged and made him look like a clown. Whimpering, Donghyuck grabbed a micellar water bottle and poured it on cotton pads he pulled out of his closet—he kept them there, avoiding occupying too much space in the bedroom he shared with the alpha. Only when he got rid of heavy makeup and put on something lighter could he leave the room and get to the kitchen.

The omega had already created a vision of their breakfast in his head, therefore, stepping inside, he opened the fridge and was about to take the box of eggs. He stopped when he heard the front door opening and felt Mark's scent reaching his nostrils.

"Oh, you're awake!" Mark said, going into the kitchen and putting a bag on the table.

Donghyuck could feel that there was food, but Mark only proved it.

"I ordered us some light food since we're not really in a condition to do anything."

Panicking, Donghyuck giggled, "I'm fine."

"I don't think so. You look really sick."

That's how the weekend passed. Donghyuck wanted to do his usual work around the house, but Mark kept asking him to take a break. They ended up watching TV, sitting on the same couch, but with a space between them. For break time, they took Daisy for a walk together and met their neighbors, who finally got to meet Mark, too. To Donghyuck, this weekend was remarkable. Although he wasn't a housemate for too long, he realized that taking a break from all of the housework was refreshing.

Since the weekend was calm, Donghyuck didn't expect anything special to happen just as the new week started. He jumped right into his usual routine: woke up early, showered, did his makeup, and prepared Mark breakfast. As always, he let the alpha eat first, and served him everything he wanted—coffee, tea, or juice.

Mark was in a good mood as he started talking about receiving emails from the guests.

"They were really impressed with my taste," he said, having all the drinks in his head. "And also, several alphas said that their mates enjoyed talking to you."

"That's great to hear," Donghyuck purred.

"We left a deep impression!"

Only when Mark left did Donghyuck sit down and have breakfast too. He then cleaned the kitchen and took Daisy for a walk. Since it was always the same time, he could wave to Taeyong, who just sent off Jaehyun and Hyuntae. The older omega already knew about the party as Mark and Donghyuck paid a visit on Saturday. Their intention was to take Daisy back, but they stayed for tea. They had a good time, and the omega felt like Mark and Jaehyun could be friends soon!

As Donghyuck went to the park, he met Ten with his two-year-old baby girl named Sophie. They talked a bit and let the puppy play with the girl, both enjoying that they seem to be friends. Although Donghyuck was annoyed at himself that whenever he looked at Ten's kid, he tried to guess the girl's secondary gender, he couldn't get his mind away from it. Some kids, even when they were little, showed features of secondary gender, and Sophie appeared very feminine, very omega-like. Donghyuck began wondering which secondary gender child he would like to have. Alpha, omega, or beta?