𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: Park

Mark gave Donghyuck mixed feelings.

The alpha was more tender with him than before. He showed the omega sympathy and was really gentle to him. He smiled a lot and never looked away from Donghyuck. He showed interest in what the omega was doing, sewing, especially. The alpha asked questions, for example, how did Donghyuck know something so complicated...

The omega didn't know if he liked the attention or hated it. The change in Mark's behavior made Donghyuck's heart swell with pride, but at the same time, his heart filled with hatred. Alphas... They were so weird. He was good to Donghyuck because they mated and bonded, but if Mark went to the Red House, where omegas were abused, would he do the same? What would he think of unpure omegas? What would he think of Renjun?

When they went to bed, instead of getting to his side and staying there the rest of the night, Mark came to Donghyuck and hugged him.

"Do you want to come to the middle?" he asked, tightly wrapping his arms and legs around Donghyuck. "It's not only my bed. It's our bed."

"But I really like this side..." Donghyuck mumbled.

"Alright. Then I'll get to like it too."

Mark fell asleep, holding the omega in his arms. Donghyuck found it confusing. Boiling hatred cooled down. He melted. He liked it. But the sudden excess of tenderness was tearing his heart apart. Did he even deserve it? Mark's behavior messed up with Donghyuck's plan.

I still have to do it. I just have to. If not, I'll burn with hatred for the rest of my life.

Donghyuck walked Daisy the painfully familiar path, as always. They went out to the neighborhood, then came to the park where the omega spotted Ten with Sophie. Upon noticing the familiar people, Daisy wanted to walk to them and greet them. Donghyuck, however, pulled her away and went a completely different way. He didn't want to talk to Ten, another perfect omega.

They changed their route to the one Donghyuck chose when he didn't feel like returning home yet. They walked around the park, somewhere behind the playground. Donghyuck was calm and relaxed until he felt someone staring. There were fewer people there, which cast his curiosity about who could they be. The omega looked around, expecting to spot a curious kid somewhere, but saw nothing, just thick bushes, and not a single soul.

He thought he was just being paranoid, but then he noticed that Daisy also felt someone near them. She stared at the bushes and showed aggressive behavior. She froze and snarled at someone around there.

Anxiety started pumping through his veins when he realized he wasn't just imagining it. Pulling Daisy's leash, which wasn't successful as the little puppy was too tensed and didn't listen, Donghyuck picked her up and ran away. He reached the playing ground where he blended with kids, their moms, and papas. Catching his breath, he looked over his shoulder, seeing no one walking that path.

"Oh, Donghyuck!" Ten approached with a wide smile. "I heard you bonded with Mark."

"Yeah," the omega faked a smile.

Ten saw him through.

"What's the matter?" he looked at the other omega in concern.

"I-I think I saw a drunk man right there," Donghyuck pointed behind the playground. "Daisy got really mad at him."

"I would too!" Ten frowned. "What is he doing in the park for kids?"

"He's just being silly," the omega shrugged his shoulders.

He stayed with Ten at the playground, and then, still feeling a little stressed, he joined the other omega in going home. It was okay at first, but as they reached the neighborhood with no more people around, Donghyuck felt paranoid once again.