herbalist reader - senku ishigami

You probably weren't needed on this trip.

You were a talented herbalist in your village, responsible for performing many of the medicine practices in Ishigami Village. Like your brother, you were known for being a good explorer and a collector of things. You stored herbs and other plants in Chrome's storage house along with his other minerals.

You were not only Ruri's friend but doctor for many years. When she was ill, you did everything you could to help cure her of her sickness. Like Chrome, you experimented with different plants and other natural resources in hopes that they could help your friend, even if it was in the slightest. You were the one who brought up the idea that regular spring water bathes could be beneficial to subsiding the effects of her condition.

When a strange boy your age named Senku came along your village, you instantly took a liking to him for his deep enthusiasm and knowledge. He revealed himself to be one of the many stone statues scattered across the land you grew up exploring, the result of a mysterious attack on society thousands of years prior. His extensive knowledge of the world, and most importantly of medicine, was astonishing. You wanted to learn everything you could from this man of the past.

And Senku shared a similar sentiment with you. He was fascinated by and drawn to your work, your collection and findings. Though they were basic knowledge for him, as a person who lacked the scientific resources he had growing up, your discoveries were impressive. Not only that, but he was impressed with your incredible talent and creativity.

You were definitely not one to be underestimated. There was good reason why you were the herbalist of your village. Even though Senku's knowledge of medicine surpassed your own, he still heavily consulted with you and valued your input in his plans. From what you've learned as an explorer, a healer, and from creating the sulfa drug under Senku's instruction, your skill and talent grew exceptionally.

Though you were recognized as an important member of the Kingdom of Science due to your skill, knowledge and creativity, you most likely weren't needed on the Kingdom of Science's journey across the globe. The more engineers the better, which is why your brother is an obvious choice in most people's minds. Though both you and Chrome were innovative and fast learners, Chrome exiled at both, and was even better at keeping up with Senku's scientific conversations. Senku and even Francois would qualify as even better doctors for the trip- Senku was the one who directed the village on how to make the sulfa drug that cured Ruri. Even though you spent years helping take care of her, you could never find a cure.

As the next best thing, you were most likely needed in Japan to help the others with their ailments, and though you were saddened you had to leave your friends and family behind, you accepted your responsibility even before it was given to you. But that didn't stop you from wanting to help out your brother and his team in the ways you knew how.

As Senku was making final preparations on the evening of the trip outside, he heard noise coming from the inside of the lab. Skeptical, he slowly emerged toward it, barely stepping inside when he was suddenly blinded by something pulled over his head. He stuttered and sputtered in surprise, at first thinking he had been restrained by a former member of the Tsukasa Empire. But then he heard a giggle from in front of him and felt that he had full control of his body. He quickly tore off whatever had been thrown onto his head, starting to tell the person off before cutting himself short.

"Hey, now, what's the meaning of- '' when he looked down, he was surprised to see that he was holding a pirate hat that resembled Ryusui's own. He heard the chuckle again, and looked up to see his offender. You stood in front of him with a cheeky smile on your face.

"Sorry I startled you," you laughed, intertwining your hands behind your back and then gesturing toward the hat with your head. "For you. I asked Yuzuriha to make it so...don't thank me. I thought it'd be fitting."