Chapter 3: Scary Movies

A/N
Hey again. This chapter is a lot shorter than the others, but I've had some trouble deciding what should happen. I'm so so so so sorry for the incredibly long wait. I hope you like it.
----------------------------------------------
     "Jerry?" Bobbie yelled into the very large house. The light clicking of paws came closer. I playful golden retriever appeared, a squeak toy in his mouth.
     "That's my Jerry. Do you have any dogs Mattie?" Bobbie squatted down and grabbed the toy, throwing it for Jerry to run after. "Oh. No. I have cat named Geoffrey though. He hates everyone." I answered nonchalantly.
     "Well my room's upstairs." Bobbie stated as he  started up the large staircase. When we reached the top, we took a sharp left coming to a Black door. He opened it and sauntered in.
The walls were black just like the door and were covered in posters. Many of the posters were of bands and singers, but one caught my eye. I crossed the hardwood floor and sat on his soft mattress. "What's that purple one of?" I asked.
"What? Oh, that?" He pointed at the one I asked about. It was so elegant. The poster was purple with a drawing of Ariel from the Little Mermaid. I found it a little odd that it was in the middle of all his posters. I nodded answering his question.
"Yeah. I drew that for my mom. She didn't want it and I liked it so I kept it. It doesn't really look like any of my other posters, but I'm proud of it....Do you like it?"
"Yes! I love it...." I let out a nervous laugh. "....yeah. It's really nice." His head leaned back as he let out a boisterous laugh. "Thank you Matty." He winked at me and threw a PS4 controller on the bed.
"Do you care if we just watch a movie?"
     "....Sure. Yeah." He jumped on the bed, makin me fall on to my back. He snatched the remote and clicked on the Netflix icon. He took a large breathe and blew it out slowly. Then he pulled himself to the top of the bed to grab a pillow.
After he made himself comfortable, I slid my way to the top. He, of course, had to pick a horror movie. I hate scary movies, I just can't ever watch them like a normal human. "Is this okay? You hungry? Thirsty?" Bobbie asked, making sure I was comfortable. "Yeah this is fine." I lied smoothly. "And no. I'm good." I finished.
We laid next to each, but not touching. I turned my head slightly to look at Bobbie. He was heavily focused on the large tv. I shifted my focus away from Bobbie and back on the screen. The music crescendoed suddenly and a man popped up. A ringing scream left my lips as I latched on to Bobbie's arm. I shoved my face into his shoulder trying to hide from the faces and the music. I was terrified and could not be trusted to think logically.
At that point, I didn't realize I was squeezing his arm so tightly, probably cutting off circulation. He shifted and snaked toward me. I let go instantly and scooted away. I was blushing and embarrassed, but I was worried of what Bobbie thought. I looked up to find him staring at me. I couldn't see any emotion on his face.
"I'm sorry. I don't really like horror movies... I got scared...." I mumbled.
Bobbie continued to stare and then opened his arm, welcoming me. I quickly accepted and slid into his embrace. My head laid on his chest as his arm rest around my waist. My arms stayed between his side and my torso. I wasn't sure where to put them.
There was a scream from the movie and my eyelids squeezed shut. His arm tightened, pulling me closer. "Is this weird? I'm sorry, I have trouble being a normal person sometimes." I whispered.
"Matty. Shhhhhh... You're ruining the moment." He replied softly, breathing on my neck. Which In turn, sent shivers down my spine. I involuntarily shimmied closer, moving one of my hands to his chest.
He started humming the most beautiful song. It wasn't weird or misplaced or off tune, it was lovely. I could feel the vibrations in his chest, traveling through my hand. With his body warming mine and his humming lulling me to sleep I did just that. I drifted off, dreaming of nothing, only  that moment.
----------------------------------------------
How'd I do? Thank you for all the kind words and encouragement.
Comment

Vote

Follow