Chapter 5

The loud crunch of snow squishing beneath boots startles Renesmae. She tried her hardest to stay focused on what was going on. The air was thick around her, and she knew at that moment The Volturi had arrived. It didn't take long for the Volturi to make it to the clearing. Bella's arm instantly got a little tighter when Aro arrived. Being the last one to step into the clearing. Even though she was young, Renesmae knew that Aro was coming into this with a cocky demeanor. She never got the full story as to why they were here, but she knew it wouldn't be good. Some things were said between her grandfather and Aro, but Renesmae wasn't listening. She felt the need to take in everyone's faces one last time. She wasn't entirely sure why, but she had a feeling things weren't gonna go their way. She was scared to say the least. When her mother lightly tugged at her hand, pulling her out of her thoughts she knew it was time. Everyone had explained that Aro and the rest of the Volturi needed proof that she was what she claimed to be. Half vampire, half human. She didn't understand what the fuss was about, and she hoped once Aro realized that nothing was going on he would leave. Once they reached him she declined taking his hand, not because she wanted to show him her way but because the guy creeped her out. She didn't want to think about his gift and the idea of him slithering around in her deepest thoughts. His cheek was cold, and it took all of her power not to immediately rip her hand away. It burned her skin, like frostbite. A hissing noise indicated that her mother could see her distress and hurried Aro along. The look of shock and pleasantness mixed with Aro's features. She didn't like it. Why were these vampires so interested in her? She's never done anything wrong! Renesmae was getting so frustrated, only wanting to go home and be with her family.

Renesmae's eyes were glossy, as she felt the bumpy path underneath her body. Jacob was sprinting through the forest, his large body heaving as he moved through the tree's. Renesmae sat up immediately, turning her head to see a glimpse of a vampire one hundred yards away. Her eyes grew wide as she slapped Jacob's back, yelling his name. "Jacob! Jacob, someone is coming!". Her voice felt hoarse, something that she wasn't used to. Jacob was barely listening to her, picking up the pace as he ran. The only thing he wanted to do was keep Nessie safe, and if that meant that he lost his life today . . . He didn't want to think about the thought. He just hoped that Edward and Bella and everyone else were able to hold their own against what was coming next. The look in Edwards eyes, just before Bella nodded for him to go off with Nessie, was something that would haunt his dreams for all time. The look of a father knowing that he may never see his daughter again, the pain he saw in his eyes . . . Jacob shook his head roughly. He needed to concentrate on what he was doing. He could smell the vampire getting closer, severing the area Jacob thought of heading into the mountains, but he didn't want to risk Renesmae not being able to stay on his back. The only thing he could really do was stay on this path, and keep running, cause his life depended on it. 

Bella couldn't think about anything else. Her daughter and best friend had got away, and that's all that mattered. Taking Edwards hand, she stepped slowly back with him, just as Carlisle's body was being burned. She couldn't think, couldn't act. Edwards hand got tighter, and if she was still a human it may of crushed her. She couldn't look at him, couldn't see the hurt in his eyes from losing the only father figure he'd ever known. At this point they were a few yards away from The Volturi, getting close to the first wave of friends they brought along. Bella tried to listen out for Renesmae, when she heard screaming from a distance. At first she didn't think anything of it, but her ears picked up on who it was. A women, from the Quileute tribe. Bella's eyes widened as she listened harder, finally hearing more bodies being shredded and blood curtailing screams. Looking over at Edward she new he was thinking the same thing, and before they had a chance to react Alice was already whispering "Go". A indication that she was the only one that could go, having Edward stay there to protect them against attacks. One blink and she was running through the forest. She thought for a moment about the treaty, but decided to ignore it because of the circumstances. Stepping over the line she hesitated for a moment, only for a moment cause right then there was another scream, multiple in the direction she was heading. She could hear someone following behind her, assuming it was another family member she kept moving, sprinting through the trees.