Triangles

"Bye Vince! See you tomorrow!" Barbados said. Vince waved and shouted bye back. Barbados  and Vince were in a flower field, they've been best friends even before Vince's independence. Barbados knew how much Vince liked flower fields, and it was almost Valentine's Day anyway. Barbados wanted to get Vince a present so they just talked all day, about each other, about other countries, about the world. It was such an amazing day for both of them. One of the best days since independence. 

Barbados reached home an hour later, then he sat down and turned on the TV. 

"There have been multiple reports of stabbing this week. A recent report has been shown to be St. Vincent and the Grenadines, the most recent victim of the stabbing. All stabbings have been three triangle-shaped holes in the chest area. The main suspect of these stabbings is the Caribbean country of Barbados, who carries a trident which has this shape and was also last seen with the victims before they had been stabbed. St. Vincent was seen with Barbados in a flower field and was found unconscious and stabbed less than an hour later near their house. St. Lucia and St. Kitts and Nevis reported the stabbing. The suspect, Barbados, will be contacted by the United Kingdom shortly after this report. This is United Nations News Report, signing off for the night." 

Barbados stared at the screen with tears in his eyes. "Vince...? And I'm the suspect of these stabbings...? Who else has been stabbed...?" Barbados got out his tablet and started searching. 'What countries have been stabbed by a triangle weapon?' He searched. The list was long. Longer than expected. "Trinidad and Tobago, Dominica, Belize, Guyana, Guadeloupe, Antigua and Barbuda, Grenada... my friends... on the days I was with them too... how did I not know about these-" Barbados' phone started to ring. It was UK. 

"Hello? This is Unit-"

"IT WASN'T ME. UK IT WASN'T ME. PLEASE UK YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE ME. I WOULDN'T HURT MY FRIENDS, PLEASE! IT WASN'T ME! I SWEA-"

"All the evidence points to it being you. The trident shaped stab holes, the fact that only Caribbean countries are being stabbed. And the fact that you were with them on the same day of their stabbings."

"IT WASN'T ME! PLEASE!"

"I'm sorry Barbados... maybe if you were still a part of the British commonwealth-"

"I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT YOUR STUPID COMMONWEALTH. BUT MAYBE IF YOU TREATED US SMALL NATIONS LIKE WE ARE ACTUAL COUNTRIES, THEN WE WOULD WANNA STAY IN YOUR BRITISH SHIT!"

"BARBADOS! ACT PROPERLY IN FRONT OF YOUR FORMER RULER. YOUR TRIAL IS TOMORROW."

"SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU OLD COLONIZER!" 

"TRIAL. TOMORROW. BE THERE OR BE JAILED. GOODBYE."

"YOU LITTLE-"

UK hung up. Barbados put down the phone, fell to his knees and just cried. 

Cried 

and cried 

and cried.