Trial

"Wha- what are you doing here America..." Barbados said, shaking. He checked the time. 12:59- no, 1:00. 5 minutes left until the trial officially starts. "I don't have time to speak so, hurry up!"

"Can't believe you're trying to rush me, what are you gonna do next, stab St. Vincent's siblings?" America laughed, finally finished picking up his papers. "What, you stabbed them, stab the rest next."

"Hey, that's not funny..." Barbados said sadly, and looked down into his own empty hand. It felt weird not holding his beloved trident. "Vince is my best friend, and I would never stab them!"

"Hah, that's what they all say. I wonder how your buddy Vince feels right now, being betrayed by you? Their own best friend?" America said, sort of questioningly, like he genuinely wanted to know how St. Vincent felt. "Well, I better head to the trial then."

"Hey- wait up! You said trial?" Barbados said to America, shocked. 

"I'm going to watch, I'm a UN founder so I'm basically like- a jury or whatever it's called. Oh also, as the better country I am, I'll do anything and everything in my power to make you get arrested for your crimes," America said, smirking. "Plus, I'm a global superpower, sooooo... they'll listen to me."

"You're gonna- you're gonna bribe them!" Barbados said shocked, looking at the time again. 1:03. 2 minutes. 

"No, I'm just stronger, smarter, better, faster, bigger, freedom...er, wiser, cooler, richer..." America went on, counting on his fingers how many compliments he gave himself. Barbados took the time to sprint and run towards the UN building, where he would have his trial. 

He made it, just in time. 1:04- no, it had just turned to 1:05 when Barbados burst through the door. 

"I'M HERE-" Barbados said, quickly stopping. UN was standing right in front of Barbados. 

"You are very late Barbados..." UN said. 

"Wh- what...?" Barbados said, eyes going wide. "It's- it's 1:05! It just turned 1:05!" 

Barbados looked around. UK, France, China, Russia, USA- wait, USA? America was there already- but how? We were just talking! And he was still there!  Barbados thought. 

"Barbados... it's 2:05." UN said. 

Everything stopped. Barbados checked his watch again. It said 1:06. He inspected his watch more. A crack. It broke. But that didn't explain how USA got there first.

"But... wha... I..." Barbados started, then stopped. A faint sobbing sound came from somewhere. He looked around.

"France, what is the matter..?" UK asked, looking at France concerned. France looked at UK with tears in her eyes. She grabbed UK's arm for comfort. 

"F-first- first Guadeloupe- now- now Martin-! Martinique- he- he's been-" France stopped, and started crying. She used to manipulate and hurt her colonies, but after the 1950's she became better, starting to love and care for her still remaining colonies. REMAINING. Not past. 

"What?!" everyone exclaimed, including UN and Barbados. All eyes turned in Barbados' direction.

"Barbados... is that where you have been this past hour..?" UN said, questioningly. 

"What?! No, I would never stab any of my Caribbean bud..." Barbados stopped. Do they even see him as a member of the Caribbean buddies anymore? What are they thinking of him...? "...my fellow Caribbean countries." Barbados continued, his voice shaking now.

"Nahh, seems like a stabber to me." USA jokingly replied. 

"Da," Russia said, finally talking now. "Why would Barbados pause in the middle of his sentence?"

China nodded. "Mhm, I agree with Rus, why would Barbados pause other than to make up a lie about where he was and what he was doing?"

Barbados looked around. UK looked angrily back at him, France crying and holding his arm. USA was smirking, somehow amused at the situation. Russia was just looking at Barbados with a slightly angry expression, although Barbados couldn't tell if that was him being angry or just his resting face. China wasn't really looking at anyone. She was thinking. About what, Barbados thought. UN was looking through the news article about Martinique's stabbing.

"Sounds like... sounds like Martinique was last seen near to Barbados as well," UN started. "He was walking down an alleyway near to where Barbados and USA were talking an hour ago. Right before Barbados ran off down the alleyway, that was the last time Martinique was seen. He has not been seen since." 

All eyes once again darted to Barbados, who was now visibly shaking. "An... an hour ago...?" Barbados said shakily. "It was... it was like 10 minutes ago!!" 

"No, it was an hour," USA said, finally being serious. "Barbados, do you really think you can get away with stabbing this time?"

"I can't believe you Barbados, I really thought you were loyal to your Caribbean friends," Russia said, shaking his head. "I know they also thought you were their friend, but het, you betrayed them... In fact, I really want to know what THEY think about this." 

UN looked at Barbados. "We might have no choice but to arrest you, Barbados," they said. "Does any country disagree?"

None of the countries said anything. Barbados looked around frantically. He looked at UN, who just looked away.

"I am sorry, Barbados." UN said. "But this is unforgivable."