Spirit Day Mascot

Lou chuckled as she looked out of the Grizzy cabin's window at the chaos taking place on the Great Lawn in honor of Camp Kikiwaka Spirit Day. Colorful balloons were tied on everything: from the flagpole, to the mess hall awning, and even to a few enthusiastic CITs. Campers socialized and ran around in festive outfits that they had customized themselves in art and crafts with fabric paint, goofy buttons, and rhinestones.

"Don'tcha just love a good Spirit Day festival," Lou said happily to herself as she watched Jorge through the window dance around in a friendly bear costume for a crowd of girls that she recognized from Bobcat cabin.

"No."

At Ravi's sour tone, Lou turned away from the window. Her eyes lit up and she held her hands up to her face. She cooed, "You look adorable!"

From the doorway of the bathroom, Ravi glared at her. He struggled to cross the bulky arms of his fluffy costume. One of the floppy ears of his fuzzy helmet flopped forward and hit him in the eye. "I look ridiculous," he grumbled as he swatted the ear away.

She grinned at him and held open her arms. She waved her hands and joked, "Hop on over here so I can get a bunny hug!"

Ravi's frown deepened. He stomped one foot of his fuzzy costume. "I shall never forgive you for putting me in this situation!"

"Aww, don't be fussy," she said with a feigned pout. She lifted her hands in front of her and bent her elbows before hopping up to him in a bunny-like fashion. When she stopped in front of him, she tapped him lightly on the nose.

Out of reflex, he wiggled his nose. But as soon as he realized his mistake, he slapped his gloved hand over his face.

She reached up to adjust the ears of his helmet so they would stop hitting him in the eyes. "Look, I promise it'll only be for like an hour." She placed her hand on his shoulder. "And Bunny Cabin will be so happy that they got to have a mascot!" Taking a step back from him, she folded her hands under her chin and tilted her head slightly to the side. "You should've seen their little faces when Tyler said he was too sick for Spirit Day."

"Don't give me that look. You only do the..." He put his hands under his chin and fluttered his eyelashes at her. "...look when you are involving me in something ridiculous." He dropped his hands and gave her a pointed look. "And you and I both know that the only reason those little monsters want a mascot is so that they can hit me with sticks."

Lou dropped her hands from under her chin and chuckled. "True," she admitted. Cheerfully, she adjusted his colorful bowtie. "But if that keeps those rugrats from destroying the festival out of rebellion for being the only cabin without a mascot, it'll be worth it."

"Humph! Says the person that they won't be hitting with sticks!"

"Alright," she said, clapping her hands together. "Time for you to hop on outta here. But first, bunny hug?" She grinned at him and opened her arms, but didn't step forward to embrace him.

Ravi rolled his eyes at her. He stepped around her and fidgeted with his gloves as he walked towards the door. Once he was at the threshold, he turned to look at her. She was still grinning at him and looked unfazed by his attitude.

"Does it make you happy to see me look like an ignoramus?" he asked with his eyebrow raised at her.

"You say whatever that word is, but I say the cutest darn bunny I've ever seen." She winked at him and then giggled when he bashfully smiled at her, turned and walked into the side of the doorway.

"I am still upset with you!" He shouted as he left the cabin.

She cupped her hands up to her face and shouted back, "I know! But you're doing it anyway!" She dropped her arms to her sides and thought about how she had the sweetest grumpy boyfriend ever.