CHAPTER 1

HEAVEN AND BACK.

"I think I'll stay with Asics." You adjusted your sitting position in the blue padded chair.

The larger male in front of you crossed his arms onto the table. "I'll up the offer. We'll sponsor you 920 million yen (~ 7 million usd) a year."

"How long am I signing for?" You asked, reading the paper contract that the representative had slid across the table.

He gave you the pen in his hand. "3 years first, then depending on what happens after, we'll either give you another offer or end it there."

"Alright." You clicked the pen and pressed it down onto the paper.

Before you signed it though, you read through everything. There wasn't much other than the few things that he mentioned already. The only thing on the paper that the representative didn't bring up in the discussion was what you had to wear. On the paper it said that you would only be able to choose something to wear out of 4 outfits of their choosing. You would have to stick with the one outfit as well, but they'll obviously provide you with many sets of it.

"Can I choose shoes at least?" You handed the signed paper over to him.

He nodded. "You can choose several pairs."

"Alright." You stood up and pushed the chair back under the desk. "I'll be getting an email to choose an outfit for the upcoming tournament right?"

"Expect it as soon as tomorrow."

You gave him a thanks and left the room. A wave of calmness washed over you, somehow you managed to bargain then to pay you more. The more money the better right?

The outfit had arrived with the shoes. The opened brown box was placed in front of you, on the sheets of your bed.

Looking at the things inside, you could only laugh. "I was definitely on something when I was choosing clothes. What the actual fuck was I thinking?"

The box included many black tops with the brand's logo and a highlighter yellow skirt. You also received a black and yellow pair of socks. The shoes were white with streaks of your f/c and the brand logo. They weren't as bad.

When you tried them on, everything fit. Surprisingly, the outfit wasn't that bad looking on you.

Other than that, you were given a few other random outfits to wear during the week prior to the tournament when you would be warming up on practice courts. Those outfits were much more basic: no neon colors or extreme designs. Most of it was just solid colored pieces of clothing, but it was alright.

Now that you had received your clothes, you were supposed to expect a call coming in some time today or this week. All you knew was that there's supposed to be an incoming call from the same representative to check in with you to make sure you got everything. It didn't really make sense why he needed to make sure, it was like he thought that you wouldn't contact him if you didn't receive it.

After changing out of the tournament clothes, you decided to check if you got any news or heads up from your coach. You wanted to at least get updates on who your first round opponent was, but there was no notification.

'Guess this shit is always up to me. Maybe I just need a better coach.'

You pulled open google on your phone and typed the name of the tournament into the search bar. I took a moment to load, but eventually, the tournament draw showed up. There are 128 players that play, and 64 pairs. You only hoped that you were put on the last spot so you wouldn't have to scroll and read every single name that was in the draw to find yours.

"Please, please, please..." You muttered, quickly scrolling down the last two players. "Fuck me."

Unfortunately, you were lost somewhere in the many matches that were between the first and last. That meant you would have to spend a good few minutes reading all of the names and hopefully not somehow forget your own name in the process.

As you looked further down the assigned matches, you were able to recognize many of the players as people that you've played previously. Not all of them you've won against, but you've won against most of them.

After spending several minutes searching, you finally managed to find your name. Your opponent was someone that you had played a while back, someone that you had almost won 0 and 0 against. As if the pressure for you to win again wasn't enough, you were also seeded. The number 7 was by your name, that meant that you were the 7th highest player in terms of points. Just looking at the number made you feel nervous.

You closed the app and dialed your coach's number, hoping that he would answer. Luckily for you, he did, almost instantly too.

"Do you need something Y/n?" A tired voice asked you through the phone.

"Yeah, could you do some searching on Sumara McClord? I played her a few years ago or something, I forgot. I just need to make sure I beat her again, I don't want to get out in the first round."

"Sure. I'll text you updates. We have practice tomorrow though. Meet up with me at the plane terminal, the plane ride will be about 7 hours. All the other people in your player box will also be in the same plane, including your boyfriend."

"I don't have a boyfriend!"

"You and that doctor friend of yours seem to have some chemistry though, but that's a bit off topic. I'll see you both tomorrow then, right?"

"Yeah, yeah."

"Make sure to pack your things. Bring all of your racquets and all of your equipment and things, you're more injury prone than anyone that I know."

"Thanks for the compliment coach."

"Anytime Y/n, anytime."
_______________________________FOR NOW THIS WILL BE THE ONLY CHAPTER UP

I've been incredibly busy with school lately and idk why but there are a lot of projects too so I have to work on those as well. Expect maybe a chapter a week until further notice

IM SORRY YOU GUYS

THE START IS ALREADY SO BAD PLSS
Every chapter will switch POVs btw