Chapter 10 ~ Lost Boy

—————

—————

IT'S BEEN THREE DAYS since we've arrived in the city now and we've gone out on one assignment so far, the next one being today.  

I quickly get dressed into my usual uniform which consists of a pair of black cargo pants, a grey t-shirt with a bullet-proof vest on top, and of course my belt with my gun holsters and backstrap for my rifle.

I decide to also put on a black jacket with the WICKED insignia on the sleeve over my vest seeing as it's a lot colder in the city than it was where we patrolled the red zones at the old base.

I tie my hair back into a ponytail using an elastic band from around my wrist before leaving the room and heading down towards the armory.

Tessy has finished moving into her new apartment leaving my room feeling a bit empty. I haven't gotten a new roommate or anything so I have the room all to myself.

Using my clearance card, I open the door to the armory and quickly spot Ethan and Lucas in the relatively empty room except for a few other guards getting ready for their own patrols and assignments. 

 I walk up to my locker and take out my pistol, rifle and extra ammo along with two knives that I put into my boots just for incase as a backup. 

“Cass, have you seen my pistol holst-” I cut Ethan off as I throw him the plastic object. 

“I found it under the bench after training yesterday,” I explain as I fasten my rifle across my back and double check all my gear. Ethan thanks me and quickly straps the holster to his belt and puts his pistol in it. 

“You kids ready to go?” Lucas questions, walking up to us. I roll my eyes while Ethan crosses his arms. 

“We’re not kids.”

“We aren’t kids. And yeah, we’re ready to go,” Ethan and I answer simultaneously. We then head out of the armory and into the elevator that leads down to the ground floor where we walk to the garage and towards one of the black jeeps. 

“I call shotgun!” I call out, pushing past Ethan as I rush towards the jeep. He runs after me as we make it to the passenger door; Ethan attempts to push me out of the way but I quickly tackle him to the ground and jump into the passenger seat, strapping my seatbelt on before he can do anything. 

Grumbling with annoyance, Ethan jumps into the backseat as Lucas gets into the drivers. Seeing as Lucas is the only one of us that can drive, Ethan and I are always arguing over who gets to sit in the passenger side which we have crowned the best seat to have due to being closer to the air-conditioning vents.

Lucas turns the keys into ignition and the jeep jumps to life as we drive towards the exit. We roll to a stop at the doors and Lucas shows the guard his keycard before the door opens, allowing us to leave.