Chapter 15 ~ The Fall of WICKED

—————

—————

I RUN UP THE STAIRS, taking two at a time as I rush to quickly make it to the eighth floor. I pray that they're okay as I hear gunshots and yelling in the distance.

I finally make it to the right floor and fling open the door, rushing down the corridor with my pistol in hand and ready to fire.

I round a corner and just barely jump out of the way as a bullet fires my way and lodges itself into the wall next to my head.

"Thomas!" I shout at him with wide eyes as my heart pounds in my chest.

"Sorry, I thought you were a guard," Thomas apologizes as I walk over to where him and Newt are standing.

"Are you okay Newt?" I question with concern as I watch Newt's pale face; a coughing fit wracking his body.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine," he answers weakly.

"Where's the serum?" I question. The plan was for them to get the serum where it was stored along with the immune kids but something must've gone wrong.

"Gally has it. Minho wasn't with the others. He's in the medical bay," Thomas answers. I nod slowly and take a deep breath.

"Okay, I know where that is. Come on," I lead Thomas and Newt down the corridor, our guns held up as we ready for guards around each corner.

"Newt look out!" I shout as he turns a corner and gun shots begin firing in our direction. I press my back against the wall and fire a couple of shots in the direction of the guards that are currently shooting at us but they continue to advance, forcing us to run back as more guards come from different directions.

Newt and I manage to clear a path behind us as Thomas holds off the guards coming from the front, giving us time to slide around the corner, our backs pressing against the wall for cover.

Thomas, being closest to the corner, manages to fire a couple of shots at the guards, but there's too many of them. 

"I'm almost out," Thomas says as he quickly checks his ammo before continuing to fire.

I quickly put down my gun and fumble in my vest pocket with shaking hands, quickly managing to pull free the metal, circular object. I push a button on its side so that it starts to flash blue.

"Look out!" I warn Thomas before pushing past him and throwing the device at the guards. Before they have time to react, it explodes in a burst of electricity causing all of them to fall to the ground.

We scramble to our feet as the guards are immobilized. 

"Nice," Thomas comments with wide eyes before we continue to run down the hall before reinforcements arrive.

I hastily check my ammo as we run. Only 8 rounds left, this isn't good.

"You three, freeze! Get down on the ground now!" Our eyes widen simultaneously as we're met with a guard in front of us but before we have time to react, a figure rounds the corner and slams the guard against the wall, yelling in his face before throwing him through a glass window and yelling again.