chapter 1: 5 of ♠

As I entered Toei Sendagaya apartments, I heard voices behind me. I turned to see two males, one with orange-yellow hair, and one with messy brown hair. Aguni and one of his new followers - who he calls the militants - followed me here. "Hi!" I said to the two boys. "I'm Kano Hayami! Wanna make an alliance?" I smiled sweetly. " Sure, I'm Daikichi Karube, and this is Ryohei Arisu." He said, Arisu waving at me. A girl in an orange tank top and black joggers approached behind us. "What type of game do you think this is gonna be?" Karube asked. "By the looks of the arena, most likely a spade game!" In fact, I knew it was a spade game, I helped create it. "Oh Spade games aren't my speciality! I'm better at clubs!" Arisu states. "How long have you been here?" Arisu asked me. I shrugged, "Too long to be able to remember." I chuckled. "The game should be starting soon." I stated. At that moment, all of our phones chimed.

"Registration is now closed.

There is a total of 14 participants. The game will now commence."

The girl behind us began to stretch. " A spade's player I see..." I said as I glanced at her.

"Difficulty, Five of Spades."

I stayed silent as the man in the velvet hat explained the suits and numbers to Karube and Arisu.

"The game is "Tag".

Rule. Avoid whoever is "it": "

Everyone began to mutter. "So who is "it"?" Asked Arisu. "How am I supposed to know?" Said Karube.

"Clear conditions.

Discover and touch the symbol hidden in one of the building's rooms within the time limit.

You clear the game when the objective is fulfilled.

Time limit, 20 minutes,

After 20 minutes,

the time bomb in the building will explode. "

Everyone started to worry except from me, Aguni and a man in a white hoodie who stood in the corner, charging a device.

"The game will start in two minutes."

We all began to spread out, I decided to take the lift up to the seventh floor, so that I could spectate, and if the "it's" surpass, I can report back to the headquarters. I can also look for beach recruits. "This is gonna be a fun game." I muttered to myself as I stood by the railings on the left side of the building. If I was one of the players i could easily be killed at this spot, but they can't kill me. And you'd have to be smart to think of coming and standing here.

Just as I was about to settle into my spot, the same male in the white hoodie made his way over to me, his arms swaying at his side. "I see we thought the same!" He says, his eyebrows raised. "I see that we did." I said. "Shuntaro Chishiya, what's your name?" He lifted his hand, offering it out to me. "Suzuki Yua, Nice to meet you Chishiya." I held a smirk across my face as I connected hands with him. His hands were smooth and warm, if it wouldn't be weird I would've held it for hours on end. The only person I've made physical contact with in the last few month is Mira. His dark brown orbs linked with my sea blue ones, neither of us could break contact. The woman's voice brought us out of our trance.

"The game will now commence.

The time limit is 20 minutes.

Commence now.

The tagger is on the move."

The eerie music that I disapproved began to play, as I rolled my eyes. I looked back to Chishiya, who had made himself comfortable, resting his crossed arms on the steel railing. We both watched as Aguni and his follower passed us, I winked at him as Chishiya waved. "You know him?" I asked. "Yeah, He's the leader of the Militants at the Beach." He said. "Oh, you live at the Beach?" I raised an eyebrow. "Yeah, I pretty much know everyone there, except one of the leaders, she never really shows herself. She's said to be the best spades player!" He exclaimed. "Oh really?" I queried. " Yeah, She really interests me." "What's her name?" I ask, "Kano Hayami. She's Kano Mira's sister." "Happy to know I interest you Chishiya. I'm actually Kano Hayami! Nice to meet you!" He looked very shocked. "Your prettier than I thought she was gonna be. Why would such a beautiful girl hide herself?" He asked. "Because we're at the Beach, anything could happen." I shrugged my shoulders. As more gunshots erupted in our silence, I looked to see where they were heading. I looked to see Chishiya looking at the same spot. He offered his hand to me, "Shall we go win the game?" "It would be my pleasure!" I took his hand as we walked to the door that "it" was consistently shooting at when the boy with the cap tried to open it.

As we got there, Arisu arrived as well. "Nice to see you again Arisu!" I smiled. "You too Hayami!" He smiled back. "Karube isn't deceased right?" I queried. "I believe he isn't, he went with that muscular dude to help take down the horse." He stated. "Anyways, let get in there and win the game now." Chishiya said as he rolled his eyes. Arisu took hold of the door handle and twisted it, as we followed him inside. I knew there was another "it" inside, and though I should've used this opportunity to sacrifice Chishiya and Arisu, I just felt that I couldn't.

As we walked in, I sneakily grabbed Chishiya's device, which I guessed had to be a taser, and tased the horse on the right of it's neck. She shook as she fell to the floor. For some reason though, she got up soon after, raising her machine gun at us, pulling the trigger and sending hundreds of bullets into the ceiling above us. I shoved Arisu and Chishiya back outside and slammed the door shut. I could hear them shouting my name as more bullets erupted into the air, which - to the opposite of their imagination - were sent her way rather than mine. She fell to the floor, blood seeping from her open wounds.

As they both rushed back in they saw the horse woman on the floor in a pool of blood, and me and usagi in the room, pushing the buttons minutes before the bomb would've exploded. Arisu, much to my surprise, ran and hugged me. "You saved us Hayami! Thank you!" I removed him as he was suffocating me. "It's okay Arisu, now go and find Karube, I'm sure this won't me the last you'll see me!" I said as our phones chimed.

"Game Cleared. Congratulations."

The woman under the horse mask shoved her body backwards, fear evident on her face. Soon enough her collar began to beep and her head exploded. "Shouldn't of made it so obvious where the door was." I rolled my eyes. Arisu shook as he stared at her now deceased body. "S-she was just a player like the rest of us.." He said as he quivered. "She must of agreed to be a game master, so she kind of asked for it." Usagi said as she walked out of the room. Chishiya walked over to the woman and searched her pockets. I saw him take a piece of paper out of her pocket and open it. It was a drawing of the subway station that the headquarters is located at. "Shit.." I mumbled. He stood up. "I'll take you back to the beach." He said as he took my hand and lead me to the car he came in.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that's the first chapter done! Hope you enjoy!