chapter 2: 9 of ♣

Once we got back to the Beach,  Chishiya decided to go and rest after the game but I still wanted to play more games so I made my way to the only car that hadn't left the whole night. As I got in I sat next to a girl who had dreadlocks. "Your Hayami right?" She asked. "Yep that's me! What's your name?" "I'm Hikaru Kuina but you can just call me Kuina!" She said. Judging from her ego, she's a club player. 

We soon arrived at the arena, it was a vintage theatre, painted with shades of red and whites. We all went and picked up the phones from the wooden table at the entrance. There were already around 20 of us so the game was probably going to start soon. 

"The game will start in 1 minute."

"Hey Hayami, do you wanna work as a team if it's a clubs game." "Sure, It seems that it will be due to the choice of arena." I state.

" Game : Hangman.

6 of Clubs.

Rules: Complete the word before the time runs out, 

if you guess the letter wrong you can't guess until 5 minutes is over.

time limit is 30 minutes.

if you fail to complete in the time limit

the chosen team member will be hung

and the others will be killed with the lasers.

You will play in teams of 7.

You have 2 minutes to divide into 3 groups."

Me and Kuina joined with 3 other people from the Beach and a couple who seemed to have come to the Borderlands together. 

" An extra rule has been added by the game masters. 

The player chosen to hang has to be the strongest of the team,

as they will be holding onto a hanging bar,

and will also lose if they let go."

"Gosh it's like a clubs and spades game mixed into one." The woman from the couple said. "Who is going to hang?" One of the men from the Beach asked. "I will." I said. The man looked at me in disbelief. "A woman like you thinks she can hold onto a bar for 30 minutes! We will all die!" He said. "Boy I wouldn't say that! She is Hayami! You've definitely heard of her, she's the best spades player in the Borderlands!" Kuina stated. "Oh I'm really sorry!" He said, worry in his voice. "You should be. And you'll regret what you said if you become the reason of our deaths." I said coldly.

"Please make your way to your designated starting positions."

"I'll see you after the game!" Kuina said as she walked to her spot. I made my way to the hanging bar and lathered my hands in the chalk they provided. I could tell they had added water to the chalk as it was slimy. 

"Game Start. You have 30 minutes."

I took my place on the bar and relaxed my muscles, a calming aura radiating off my body. "Okay how many letter is the word?" I asked. "9 letters." Kuina said. "Well that means that some of the letters have to repeat, as we can only guess 6!" The woman stated. "Thats right, so theoretically you'd start with the vowels." I said. "Okay let's guess E!" The man from before said. Kuina typed 'E' into the keyboard and the box lit up red. "Shit! It's not E!" Kuina yelled in distress. My arms were starting to ache from the straining of my muscles. 

"The first 5 minutes are up. You have 25 minutes."

"Let's go for C! It'll most likely be a descriptive word!" I stated. Kuina typed in 'C' and boxes 1 and 3 lit up. "Yes we have 2 boxes filled!" She shouted in excitement. "Now go for O!" The man from the couple yelled. Another 2 boxes lit up. " We have 4 more letter and 15 minutes left! We have to get these right!" Another man from the Beach said. "Guys can you hurry, my arms are get-" Before I could finish I saw one of the others teams had been released. 

"Team 2 has completed the hangman.

Your time has been cut to 10 minutes.

For the last 10 minutes,

punishments for the hanger will be added. 

Time starts now."

"What? What does that mean?" The woman said confused. "It means their gonna try and knock Hayami off so that we lose!" Kuina says, realization in her voice. "I don't know what their planning but trust me I'll hold on!" I shouted, distress evident in my face. "Shit!" I gasped as I felt a piercing pain through my right shoulder. They've just sent a metal pole into it. "HANG ON HAYAMI! WE HAVE 2 MORE LETTER!" Kuina shouted. The blood poured from the open wound as the pole was retracted. "I trust you Kuina." Weak was all I felt, sweat flooding from my whole body as I hung on. For the next 5 minutes guns were fired every 30 seconds, resulting in one on my right abdomen, two on my left leg, as one had re-pierced my right shoulder. "We've done it!" I heard from my left as Kuina came running towards my body as the bar lowered to the ground. As soon as I released myself I collapsed to the floor. "She's lost a lot of blood! We need to get her back to the Beach as soon as we can!" Kuina shouted as I felt my body being carried to the car we arrived in.

"Chishiya!!" Kuina yelled as we entered the lobby, me being carried in two out of the three men's arms. I slightly opened my eyes as I saw Ann and Kuzuryu run over. "What happened to her?" Kuzuryu asked, which confused a lot of the people around, as they've never seen him so worried before. "We were in a 9 of clubs game and she had to hang from a bar but they shot her and tried to make her fall off! She's losing a lot of blood! Where's Chishiya?" Kuina said in a hurry. "I don't know, I haven't seen him get back since he returned from his game." Kuzuryu said. "I'll go and get him!" Ann said as she ran up the stairs and out of sight. 

"Keep your eyes open for me Haya, Your gonna be alright." Kuzuryu said as he stroked my hair. "W-we won?" I asked with a weak voice. "Yes we did hun, all because of you." Kuina said as she popped her head into my eyeline. "Chishiya will be here any second, Ann has gone to get him." She said as footsteps sounded in the background. "What happened?" Chishiya said as he ran through the crowd. He stopped in shock when he saw my battered and bruised body. "She got shot and a pole went through her shoulder!" Kuina said. He then ordered the three to go and get him supplies as he applied pressure to my wounds. "Stay awake for me Hayami, keep those beautiful eyes open." He said, clear worry in his voice. "O-okay" I said with my raspy voice. Before I knew it the world went black, and the only thing I heard was the cacophony footsteps and yells of my name. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading! Sorry for not uploading for a few days, I've been stuck on how to do this chapter, but hopefully it will go smoother from now on! Also credits to @_registration_  on tiktok for the game idea!