Failure.chapter one

[POV of Lucid Tokiva]
"Yes...thank you so much..Mhm of course I'll be there..she's in a better place" i nervously laughed.I ended the call immediately avoiding the fact I was hysterically crying and laughing. I mumbled to my self over and over again the words that had corrupted a whole part of my brain ever since Yumi's mother had called me.Yumi was my good friend who just died of a failed heart surgery. Failure.Failed.Failure.Over and over again.It was like a TV marathon with the worst type of scenes,always replaying and always terrible.I dusted myself off then glanced at all the damn rum on my carpet.Shit.I got up and fluffed my hair and whoosh I was out the door.God I cannot get those words out of my head.In my wildest dreams I had no expectation of being asked this,especially by a little girl.
"Miss why are you wearing all black?" She tugged on my pant leg and looked up at me.
"I um-just...I like-"
"Don't all happy people wear bright colors? Mommy told me this world is wonderful and filled with happy people"
Well isn't her mom great at telling the truth.
"Not all people are happy...some people have a mental illness called.."big sadness" I didn't want to give her the full definition,after all the kid looked 4.
"My dad had big sadness! He wouldn't leave the room for days and one day we found him sleeping.." She stared at her pink leggings and her face went blank"
"Oh god..im so sorry.."
In a split second she tackled me with a hug but of course I embraced her back.Never have I ever felt a warm glow with knowing that I wasn't alone.Even though she was bright colored and spirited she had a dark past and she is quit good at hiding it.
"Kariki!What have I told you?!" I heard a loud voice and I'm guessing her mother was coming back to take her child away from such a "antisocial" person like myself.She waved off goodbye and was dragged by her mother and I could no longer see the girls brown and blonde curly locks.And then it rushed at me.Fail.