♥𝙒𝙞𝙣𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝘽𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙡𝙚 -- 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙁𝙞𝙫𝙚♥

Little did they know..

Ryanokå steadied the young ikran as she flew over the vast sea. She felt a tension, Neteyam asleep on the back of the ikran, tied to the banshee. Looking out at the sky, pure black with no stars which was considerably odd for being on Pandora. She turned her gaze to the ocean, and her stomach sank. They were only a few hours from the village, they couldn't stop now, surely. Rya woke Teyam quickly, and showed him the sea, wild winds and waves crashing together, and Neteyam looked at her. "We have to turn back, Neteyam!" Rya cried out, keeping her voice loud so he could hear her over the harsh sounds of the storm. "Trust me," he spoke calmly, moving to the front of the ikran, so Rya was behind him.

She clung to his waist, and with one move, the banshee sped up, flying faster than you could imagine, heading straight for the storm. Rya held onto Neteyam tighter as they headed into the thick grey cloud, thunder clashing and lightning ricocheting against the seas. Truth be told, she'd never truly been scared, this was rather new. Both of their lives at risk, and she felt petrified. Neteyam just kept flying, unable to see the head of their ikran despite the short distance. Rya didn't say a word, she'd seen storms before, but always from the comfort of her cot, never from the outside, and especially not from the inside. Teyam kept comforting her, this was the first idiotic decision he'd made on his own, no influence, no Lo'ak, no Rya. Just him, and his mind. He needed to get her to safety as quickly as he could, nothing was about him now, only her. He looked back at her. "Theres not much time, my love. Hold on tight," he whispered, speeding the ikran up even more as the storm grew worse.

Hours through, the storm had slowed them down and pushed them off track, but they came out the other side, alive. There was an echoing gun-like noise in the distance, no bullets seen. They figured it was just a machine or something from Hell's Gate, nothing more. Arriving at Awa'atlu, everyone crowded them, and Neteyam led Rya through crowds of people, stating they had returned safely. People surrounded Rya, asking both of them where they had been, before Neytiri stepped forward, hissing and pushing everybody out of the way. Rya stayed completely silent, her arms wrapped around her stomach in a tight knot, and Neteyam's heart sunk when Neytiri pressed her forehead against Rya's. This was Neytiri's sign, a sign she gave to those who had low chances, a sign she gave to let them know they had been forgiven and were loved. Neytiri brought her hand to the small of Ryanokå's back, leading her to Tsa'hiks den, leaving everybody clueless. 

Teyam followed shortly after, and his heart shattered into thousands of pieces seeing Rya lay there, four bullet wounds on her stomach, screaming and crying into Neytiri's shoulder and chest as Ronal had to take the bullets out one by one. She was in agony. Indescribable agony to the point she was on the verge of passing out. Teyam was thrown out practically, Rya didn't want him seeing her like this. Not so weak and hurt, it was undesirable to her. Ronal pulled out the final bullet and placed the herb poultice over the wound, and Rya fell silent. Ronal and Neytiri thought she had passed out for a moment or two, and just began talking as if normal. It was only when 10 minutes had passed and Neytiri noticed how Rya's skin had grown colder after moving her onto a bed. Her heart sunk to her stomach and she looked down on the young girl. Ronal looked, and Neytiri began sobbing, covering her mouth , and when Ronal realised, she let out a distraught scream of pain. Her daughter, lay there, dead. 

Ronal held Rya in her arms like a baby, playing with her hair hoping for her to just wake up and say it was all a nightmare. "Come on, my little girl.. wake up!.." she cried, hugging her lifeless body. Neytiri couldnt bare telling Neteyam of Ryanokå's death, she just walked over and hugged him. He hugged his mother back gently, confused as to what was going on. "Mother, what is it? Speak?.." he questioned, concerned for Rya immediately. 

"My son, im so sorry.." Neytiri whispered, and Neteyam fell absolutely silent. He clenched his fist into a ball, as tight as he could, walking over to Tsa'hiks den, seeing his mate lay there lifeless. His breath hitched in grief, and his hand was brought to his mouth. "No.. no no no no no!.. No , its not true. I know it's not. It can't be." he repeated, trying to convince himself this was all a lie, but Ronal screaming and crying with Tonowari by her side made everything seem so real. 

Ryanokå came out of her trance, Neteyam in front of her on the ikran and heading straight towards the thundering clouds. She couldn't take the risk of her vision becoming true, so she pulled him behind her, turning to banshee around as quick as she could, heading back to any island they could find, seeking shelter and safety. "Rya! What in Eywa's name are you doing!?" Teyam yelled, knowing they weren't far from home. "Its not worth the risk, my love.." she whispered to him, grabbing his hand as they were chased by the strong gushes of wind and the lightning strikes. 

Thank Eywa, I couldn't bare to know he'd think he caused me to die.. I can't bare the thought of us, dying.