♥𝘿𝙚𝙣𝙞𝙖𝙡 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙁𝙧𝙖𝙪𝙙 -- 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙎𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣♥

"No Neteyam, this is a mistake.."

Neteyam felt his heart break in two, both pieces wishing for a different outcome. One side wished Ryanoka was joking, that she truly wanted this child as much as he did. The other, the other side couldn't blame her, he couldn't blame her for being so young and not wanting this in her life yet. He placed a hand on her shoulder gently. "Ma Rya.." he whispered. She looked up at him. Before he had a chance to speak she shook her head profusely, before turning around. Neteyam tried to grab her but she was in pieces, sobbing her eyes out. "I can't do this, Teyam. I just can't, not now.." she rushed out, straight to her ilu, Mikoåri, jumping on and swimming straight out to the reef edge. Neteyam couldn't get to her in time, she'd already swam out without looking back. 

Jake Sully, Neteyam's father, slowly walked up behind his eldest son. "Whats up? Neytiri is going insane.." he chuckled, nudging his kid. "Rya is pregnant," he sighed, looking at his dad. Jake's eyes didn't fill with fear or joy like everyone else, they became an ocean of anger. "What.?" he snapped, "Rya is pr-" .. "How the hell could you be so irresponsible?! What were you thinking? You're not even eighteen yet- how- how could you?!" he yelled, Neteyam's ears lowering. They were just having fun, just a mess around, he didn't mean for this to happen. Neytiri walked over to Joke, scowling at him. "Ma Jake, how can you say anything! I was only nine-teen when we had Neteyam, he is not stupid. He wouldn't have done this without knowing the consequences.. right?" she looked over at Teyam. He shuffled his feet in the sand. "Yeah, yes i.. we thought about it-" Jake scowled at him, before walking off, Neytiri smiling at Neteyam before going after a still frustrated Jake. Neteyam stood there, looking out at the reef as Rya was seen swimming out in a straight line at the surface of the water.

He let out a quiet sigh, before looking down. She didn't want their child.. he couldn't force her, but equally he couldn't just let her give up on her unborn baby. He refused, his mind was set on raising a family at this point. He was willing to do anything it took to convince his mate. 

♥♥

Ryanokå returned that night, completely exhausted. Her mind was drained and she felt sick to her stomach. Unlike usual, she didn't go into her own cot with Neteyam, instead she rested in her family's cot, with Ronal, Tsireya, Tonowari, Ao'nung. She slept by her mother that night, well, 'slept' is an exaggeration, she didn't sleep not once. She lay there, her mind scattered. Morning came, and as she set to leave the cot early, Neteyam pulled her aside. "Ma Rya, where were you last night?" he whispered, sunrise not awakening others yet. "I.. I can't do this," she whispered, too frustrated. "You always say that.. this doesn't change anything! Its just another chapter-" 

"But it does!.. it changes everything. It means I won't have freedom anymore, I'll be stuck raising a damn kid!" she clung to Neteyam's arm quietly. She whispered softly, "please, please don't make me do this.." but with one look, her answer was written in black and white. Neteyam's eyes shifted to the floor, and it was then she realised that even he had to think about it, she didn't have a choice. She broke into tears, and he did his best to comfort her, keeping her completely still as she began to hyperventilate, trying to hit him but he kept her restrained. She just cried and cried until she slowly began to calm down. "Rya.. we'll be okay.. I promise.." he whispered, and she nodded, unable to even look at him. She was furious with Neteyam, unable to understand his point of view. 

He sighed, planting a small kiss on Rya's forehead. He didn't mean to hurt her, but he couldn't just give up on his child. Rya left, and was met with Ao'nung on the way, who noticed she was so upset. Ryanokå explained everything that had happened, that she was pregnant and Neteyam was making her keep the baby, and that she didn't want it. Her adoptive brother's anger grew, and he snapped, heading straight to Rotxo and Tsireya. He explained everything that Rya had told him, and they all grew rather pissed off. Tsireya was keeping Rya calm as they followed closely behind Ao'nung and Rotxo. The two boys walked over to Neteyam and Lo'ak, who were chatting. Neteyam made a comment to Rya, "afternoon, beautiful!" he chuckled, only being polite. 

With one swing, he was on the ground with a bloody nose, Ao'nung's fist balled up tight. Lo'ak went to intervene, but was only hit and kicked by Rotxo. Lo'ak backed away , and Tsireya rushed to his side explaining what was going on and why. He grew concerned but defensive, over his brother. Rya began to get lightheaded with all the fighting. She lowered her eyes to the ground, and put her hand on her stomach, feeling protective. She was already crying, and jumped in the middle of the brawl between Neteyam and Ao'nung. "Stop it!" she screamed, but Ao'nung didn't see her quick enough, and threw a fist straight at her stomach, knocking her into Neteyam's arms. 

She wrapped her arms around her stomach, and Neteyam's eyes grew dull, yet full of concern. Ao'nung stepped back, processing what he'd just done, realising his clear mistake. He immediately apologised multiple times, but Tsireya just began yelling at him, dragging him off to their parents. Rotxo went and got Neytiri, who came over, she didn't move at all, just lay in Neteyam's arms, her arms around her stomach. The older woman knelt down next to the teenage girl, before stopping her up in her arms, hushing her quietly. The others were confused, but Rya was taken straight to her own cot, and laid to rest. Neytiri stayed with her the entire night, keeping her calm despite not liking her all that much. The two spoke about Neteyam, Ronal, and the baby. 

Neytiri was able to comfort Rya easily, for some reason. Rya laughed at Neytiri's comment. "Well yeah, but I just don't wanna screw this kid up.." Neytiri nodded, before responding, "I had Neteyam not much older than you, and he worked out half-decent, who am I kidding, its your choice at the end of the day." she smiled, brushing Rya's hair. Neytiri had offered to braid Rya's hair, since it had been undone for a few days. 

She leaned into Neytiri lightly, who just sighed. "It'll be okay, whatever happens, ma rya," Neytiri patted her on the shoulder, continuing to braid her hair. It was now in small cornrows with turquoise and grey beads intertwined. She sighed, putting the last few beads in the jet black strands of hair, before standing up. Neytiri patted the bed next to her, and Rya sat down. Neytiri got Rya to lay quietly, ready to rest, and stayed with her the entire time until she fell asleep. Neteyam walked in, and changed places with his mother, sitting next to Rya, stroking her head as she rested. Neytiri gave him a glance. 

"She's putting everything at risk for you, treat her well enough.."