Part 15: scarlet inferno

"Thank you. Your majesty. To be honest, When we requested aid. I didn't think the emperor himself would come." the farmer said. I just finished killing the bandits that have been robbing farms.

"It's nothing. You guys are an important service to the empire. And i maybe the emperor now. But i still like out for the common folk." i said with a smile. I got on to my horse and rode back to the palace.

My name is natsu tachinowarui. And it's been five years since that battle at garreg mach. The church of seiros has been reformed thanks to sothis. The crest system got a major kick in the pants. So there was no reason for the empire to go to war with the church of seiros. After returning after the battle. I had a beautiful wedding with edelgard. I still remember that day...that bright smile...that beautiful white dress...i can't but smile everytime i remember.

Me and el have been busy since then. Whenever dealing with our royal duties. We both would find some means of giving both commoners and nobles a fair hand. As I was essentially a commoner myself. Of course there would be those nobles who were entitled brats. Some would even go so far as to insult me. Saying that i was a street rat. And that i was nothing but el's pet Which ended with an axe to the neck. That discrimination against me hasn't changed even now that i'm the emperor alongside el. But at least i'm free to punch and threaten now.

As for everyone else. Hubert is still hubert. Incredibly loyal to el. But even with aiding us both in our royal duties he still makes time for bernedetta. And as for bernie. After hearing about the awful stuff her father did to her. We stripped him off his position. And gave it to her. Even though she avoids the politics of it. She's still doing a good job in running the varley territory. Though her father slipped away from the authorities. Shame. I wanted to tie him to a chair. And beat him half to death.

Dorothea returned to doing opera. Alongside professor manuela. She didn't deal with any of those nobles she hated anymore due to her being engaged to ferdinand. Becoming the prime minister after his father was stripped of his power and put under house arrest by edelgard. But just like the other nobles who our new rules pissed off. He escaped and is in hiding. But despite being busy with his new position. Ferdinand always finds time to listen to his wifes beautiful singing.

Petra returned to brighid. Alongside caspar. Me and el protected brighid's independence. We don't need to force brighid to do anything. Petra will lend us a hand when we need it. But before she left. She challenged caspar's father. Count bergliez to a duel....and she won. Despite having a wo dao to the neck of the man who killed her father...she let him live. Proving that she was stronger than him was more than enough for her. It was awkward at first for the new queen of brighid to be betrothed to the son of one of their greatest enemies. But it it didn't take long for the people of brighid to accept that meathead.

Shez stayed true to his word. And got in a relationship with monica. Allowing edelgard to have some space. And shez. Being like byleth of having countless timelines of battle. Both he and monica quickly became the top soldiers of the empire. A deadly duo of might and magic. If something was going down in the empire. And if i was busy with something else. I could call on those two.

As for linhardt. He found his life's work in researching crests. And he managed to find a cure for the agarthans double crest experiment. It's like i said. They wouldn't stop with edelgard and lysithea. In the past five years. We found a bunch of people with white hair. And thanks to linhardt's research. We were able to give them back the lives the agarthans have stolen from them. Which is why we let linhardt nap as much as he wants. He has earned it.

After a long horse ride. I arrived back to the palace. And in the throne room. Was her majesty. And my beloved...edelgard von hresvelg. I still don't why get the crown has to be in a way that she has to put her hair in buns to wear the damn thing. But i digress. As i returned. I grabbed el's hand. And kissed her on the lips. She blushed.