Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Lilac entered the office with her cheeks still burning. The other night, before Dylan went back to his own apartment, Lilac did something.

This time, she wasn't drunk.

She tiptoed, and pulled Dylan's nape. Dylan was taken aback because of this and was dragged towards her, he place his left thanks on the door and the right on her waist.

Their lips met, this time, she didn't expected that Dylan would respond. She was even expecting him to push her away, not step inside and close the door.

When their lips parted, Lilac gasped for air, her lips swollen because of the exchange of passionate kiss. Gentle and indulging, she almost lost it.

One moment she was bidding him a goodbye, the next she was being tucked in the blanket. "Sleep."

He stroked her hair and placed a kiss on her forehead. "Let's talk tomorrow."

"The last time you said we'll talk, we drifted quite a far." Lilac reached out and held his hand. "What about staying here for the night?"

"No."

Lilac frowned, but didnt pushed the idea on him. She held his hand on her lips and looked up. "We'll talk tomorrow, really?"

"We will. I'm not lying."

Lilac have sat down on her swivel chair when she saw the door opened. Dylan's violet hair poked inside, he looked at Lilac for a second before walking in.

When he came in, he was holding a cup of coffee on his hand, he walked straight to Lilac's table and placed the coffee on top of the table. "Good morning."

Lilac reached the coffee, it was still hot. When she brought it to her mouth, she smelled the bitter taste of espresso on the Americano. She looked at Dylan after taking a sip.

"How busy are you today?" Dylan asked, he sat down on the edge of the table, holding Lilac's hand. Fiddling with it.

Lilac placed the coffee on the table and looked at the three meeting schedules. "There are three meetings today, but it should be quick."

"Hey, Lilac, have you heard!"

The door was pushed open, Rachelle came in striding in big steps. "Lion was defaming you and Dylan for having an affair—oh, it was true."

Rachelle looked at the two of them, and then at their clasped hands. "Will this affect the company? I think we'd be needing to arrange a press conference or something to make clarifications because those people are saying that you are going to make use of Dylan."

"It's not like they know that it was Dylan who pulled you into his own team to form this company." Rachelle's rants came one after another, not leaving a room for questions for Dylan and Lilac.

Seeing that the two of them are looking at her with confusion, she started to calm down.

When she finally shut her mouth, Lilac asked her, "Who said that I sm going to make use of Dylan?"

"Marianne."

Lilac's brows furrowed. "It's almost four years since I quitted, how come she's still on a hot pursuit on me? I've never even offended her?"

"Oh, I know why." Rachelle raised her hand and didn't waited for their reactions. "It was when you offended Kristen, she was shouted at by the former Design Director, like the one before Faye."

"She was even more furious because later, when the director left, the oen who replaced her wasn't Marianne but Faye. A friend of yours. That's why she's being like that, it's similar to a life long hatred." Rachelle explained slowly, watching Lilac's reaction. "She's so petty."