ACT 3, CHAPTER 3

breakdown

○●○●

When the young crimson red haired girl woke up again, she saw many different faces, which irritated her. It was Naruto, Kakashi, Sakura, Temari and Kankuro who were looking at her worriedly. At first, the girl's look seemed to be quite confused, unaware of the event that had happened less than four hours ago.

However, this changed rapidly when her memories of that event reappeared. Her eyes widened immeasurably and she began to release such a cry from deep within her heart that it broke everyone's heart in the room as well. The sight of this usually cheerful girl was unbearable.

"FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY! I'M SO SORRY! IT'S MY FAULT!! I'M FUCKING USELESS!! I COULDN'T NO SHIT!! I'M STILL TOO WEAK! I'M SO PATHETIC!!! I'M SORRY!"

Sakura tried to somehow pull Hitomi out of her mental breakdown. Somehow. No matter what she said, it was no use. It was of no use at all. Hitomi sank more and more into her own despair, her own negative thoughts. At some point Temari couldn't take it all anymore, grabbed her roughly by the collar and slapped her several times. "Temari!"

"Now calm the fuck down!!! You think you're the only one here who cares about Gaara?!" "Temari... that was too much," Kankuro held her down so she wouldn't hit Hitomi any harder. "But I'm right though!"

"P-Please forgive T-Temari," Hitomi sniffled, "I didn't mean to upset you.... please don't be mad at me... please..." "Hitomi...", Temari shook her by the shoulders, "no one, absolutely no one, thinks that you were too weak or anything. That you're to blame for anything, because that's a fact. It's not your fault what happened to Gaara. On the contrary. We all saw how you tried to save Gaara at the risk of your own life."

"And yet it was all in vain..." "We'll get Gaara back... I promise you that." The devastated girl nodded weakly and wiped her tears with her sleeves. Thereupon, those present in the room led a rescue operation, with the council causing them problems. Some of the members were strictly against this rescue, as they still deeply distrusted the red-haired Jinchuuriki.

The Kekkai Genkai girl had neither the strength nor the motivation to speak her mind as she usually did when something like that happened. She was simply tired of it. All of it. The crimson red head had enough of everything. More than enough.

Without further ado she tore all the cables on her body, stood up with a jerk and jumped out of the closed window. The others could only watch her daring action in absolute terror. They didn't care that she was running through the whole village in her hospital gown towards her own apartment. There she packed in a bag pretty much the most important thing she could use.

From smaller weapons like kunais and shuriken to her entire savings and food, she stuffed everything into it. Afterwards she put on solid clothes and took two or three additional pieces of clothing with her, just in case. Thereupon, the girl already hurried to the gates, where the entire troop was already waiting for her. "Hitomi please calm down and return to the sick bed," Sakura tried cautiously.

Defeated, Hitomi nodded and followed everyone back from where she had run. In the hours that followed, Temari and Kankuro went over the measures to rescue Gaara with Team konoha, simply not listening to the elders who were against it.

Hitomi, meanwhile, was alone, looking into the distance from the window. She was determined. For the past few years, she had been working on a jutsu of her own and managed to perfect it. A jutsu with which one was able to change one's own shape. Both into other people as well as animals and even objects.

Exactly for such cases this Jutsu was more than ingenious. Thus, it smuggled its way into Naruto's bag, who shortly thereafter set off with his team. 

○●○●