chapter 8

the next day mel picks evie, tracy and i up from school. we all laugh about what people said through out the day until i release this isn't the way to traces house. "hey mel?" i ask her. "yeah honey?" mel replied. "where are we heading?" i question. then we pull up to a random house. "why are we at brooke's house?" evie asks. "let's go girls." mel says as we all get out the car and walk in. mostly everything in the house was a blur until mel told us to go wait in the car. the three of us walk out the house and listen through the window. mel and brooke talk for awhile. brooke looks horribly sad, ya know that kinda said when you lost something and you know you'll never get it back. yeah, that's what she looked like. "you had plastic surgery?" i hear mel ask brooke. "yeah." brooke responses. "why brooke? you were so pretty." tracy says. they talk a little more then i hear mel tell brooke that we've "gotta split" we all walk back into the house. "okay, so evie, we'll bring your suitcase back over here tomorrow." mel tells evie. "you're not going to adopt me mel?" evie asks sadly. "i mean, evie... we got ahold of brooke." tracy says. i didn't even know that they couldn't get ahold of her. then evie runs out. tracy follows. i feel like it's mandatory for me to go as well so i do. evie runs down the hall of the house and into her room. she bangs her head against the wall as she sobs. i don't know what to do. i wanna make her feel better but i don't know what to do. i feel so helpless. just like always. mel walks into brooke's house and tell me and tracy we need to leave. me and tracy walk out leaving evie in her room crying. we walk out and get into mel's car. "mom, i don't know what to do. evies mad at me for something out of my control!" tracy says. "baby, i don't think she's mad at you. i think she's mad at this whole situation." mel reply's. "it's just, she doesn't like her life here with brooke and now she's stuck with her again." trace states. i mean, that is true.