Vampire

I felt the burning pain in me slowly fade away until I couldn't feel it at all. But instead of feeling relieved that the pain was gone, I felt fear take over. I could hear my heartbeat, my own heartbeat in my chest. As the pain started to fade I heard it beat faster and faster until it suddenly stopped and the pain left. No pain, but no heartbeat. I was dead, it could only mean I was dead. Finally, after what felt like days of pain I died. But then why do I hear quiet conversations in other rooms? How am I able to hear the footsteps of people walking? Maybe I wasn't dead. But how come I heard my own heartbeat stop? I slowly opened my eyes and was met with a stone ceiling. The strange thing was that I could see the microscopic cracks, I could see the surface crumbling, I could see each dust particle floating around in the air, I could see everything.

I sat up much faster than humanly possible and looked down at my hands. Instead of their normal tan from spending hours in the sun every day they were porcelain white. They were soft and smooth with no callouses or dirt like before. My black dress from before was gone and replaced with a new one. This was made from a very soft fabric, it was smooth and silky, clean-cut, and fit me perfectly. My shoes were also replaced with comfortable and clean black shoes that looked brand new.

        "Glad to see you're awake," someone said

"Glad to see you're awake," someone said. My head snapped in the direction of the voice and I saw the same man from before. The Vampire. I studied him. He had warm brown hair that went two his ears, pale skin exactly like mine, and those same ruby-red eyes. He was tall and probably muscular but I couldn't tell because he was wearing a black cloak. I couldn't figure out his age because he physically looked 20ish, but his facial features looked younger.

"Who are you?" I asked only to be startled by the sound of my voice. It was different, angel-like, soft and silky, smooth, even.

"My name is Alec Volturi," he introduced. "And you?" He asked.

"Evalin," I said hesitantly.

"It's nice to meet you Evalin." The way he said my name sent shivers down my spine. He made it sound special.

"What happened to me?" I asked.

"You're a Vampire now, just like me," he said. My eyes widened. I couldn't be a Vampire! "I saved your life, you would have burned at the stake," he added.

"Why?" I asked.

"That requires more explaining. But Aro wants to see you first," he held out his hand and I eyed it suspiciously. "Don't worry, I won't bite you..again," he said with a smirk. I slowly stood up from the black leather table thing I was laying on before and took his hand which was no longer ice cold and hard. He leads me out of the small room and we walked down a long hallway. We stopped at the end before walking through a set of giant oak doors. Inside was a, I think it's called a throne room. The walls and floors were marble and there was a round platform at the front where three men sat in three grand chairs. Clearly, they are the ones in power. The man to the right had flaky pale skin, bright red eyes, and blonde hair that went to his shoulders, a scowl was on his face which made me want to hide in the shadows. The man to the left had wavy brown hair down to his shoulders, flaky white skin, red eyes, and a bored expression. Finally, the man at the center, probably the most powerful of all, had long straight black hair, red eyes, flaky white skin, and a creepy smile. There was a fourth man with short blonde hair off to the side like he was observing, not a part of the powerful three. However, his eyes were a liquid honey color instead of red. He had a kind smile and looked friendly.