First Day

I walked into the Throne Room wearing the black cape and Volturi necklace over my long sleeve floor-length black dress. My hair was pulled back into a bun with some loose hairs framing my face. Inside Aro, Caius, and Marcus were standing around a table with open books scattered around it and a wall stuffed with even more books behind them. The man with short blonde hair whose name I did not yet know stood to the side observing. He was the first to notice my presence and gave me a warm smile which I returned. The next person was Aro who smiled excitedly.

"Awe! Dear Evalin! Might I say the Volturi crest suits you well along with your hair color. I assume Alec explained Vampirism and showed you your room?" He asked. I nodded. "Wonderful, wonderful. Now forgive me, but I would love to dive into your training. First Felix who is another guard will train you in the basics of physical combat then Carlile will teach you about our laws," Aro explained. So the man with short blonde hair is named Carlile. I heard the doors creak and the footsteps as someone entered the room. I turned around and saw a very big man with black hair and a scowl also wearing a cloak and the Volturi pendant.

"Felix! Wonderful timing, I was just telling Evalin how you will be training her in physical combat for the first half of this day," Aro said. Felix looked down at me and gave a small nod. "Well off you two go then," Aro said while giving a small wave of his hand. I turned and followed Felix out of the Throne Room, we walked through a couple of hallways then entered another room. This room was completely bare and entirely made of stone. The only source of light came from a small window up high on one of the walls. Something that made me nervous was the cracks and dents in the floor and walls like something had banged into them. Felix took off his cloak and pendant, leaving them in a pile against a wall, I did the same.

"Alright. You will normally be smaller than your opponent so remember to use that to your advantage. Use the weight of your opponent against them. Make your movements swift but powerful and stay light on your feet. Keep moving and make your attacks confusing so your aponent won't know how or when you'll strike. Listen and trust your instincts because they will be what keeps you from getting your head ripped off. Now on the count of three, I'm going to attack and I want you to defend yourself. One, two-" before saying three he shot towards me at full speed but I quickly moved to the left-right before he made contact and tripped him with my foot so he lost his balance and crashed, leaving a new dent in the floor. I expected him to be mad but instead, he looked pleasantly surprised. "Good job. Guess I don't need to tell you to never expect a fair fight from your opponent and to never let your guard down. Ok, this time I want you to attack me and attempt to take me down," he instructed.

I waited a second then shot towards him as if I wore going for a direct hit. He placed one foot back and got ready to easily stop me, but before he could I dropped to the ground and slid under him since I was smaller then quickly jumped to my feet. His back was now turned to me, leaving him vulnerable. I kicked the back of his legs and he fell onto his knees. I grabbed his right hand and pulled it behind his back then pushed my foot against his neck, forcing him all the way to the ground. He tried struggling out of my grip but my foot held his head in place and he couldn't do much without forcing me to rip off his arm.

"Ok I yield," he said. I waited one more second before letting him lose and dashing over to the other side of the room. He stood up and dusted himself off. "No one has been able to take me down so easily and quickly without using their gift before. Great job. Let's go again though, I'm betting it was just good luck," he said.

Felix and I fought multiple times and every time I won. He couldn't decide whether to be pissed that he kept losing to a 'girl' or to be impressed. After another fight, Carlile walked in. "How did she do?" He asked Felix.