Chapter 3: Get Your Head In The Game

***DEEPA POV***

By flew back to New York with me for two more weeks. Then he'd go back to Florida. I was really going to miss Aryan and Thomas.

True to our word, I actually went to the spa with By in Florida two days before we left and we got our nails done. My nails were matte and his were glossy.

"Okay, get in the car." I ordered.

"Bruh, the parking lot's like, ten minutes away," By remarked.

"Right," I replied, tripping over my suitcase that was lying flat on the ground. Luckily By saved me from faceplanting by slinging his arm around my waist. "...And my klutziness is back."

"Thanks for the information, Enola Holmes," By smirked at me, referencing Sherlock Holmes's underrated sister that's as good of a detective as he is, as I playfully punched his arm.

We got to my car, put our things in and set the GPS for the Lopez-Hamada's.

My stomach grumbled. "What's for dinner? I'm starving."

"Something Japanese," By replied. "Papa cooks lunch, so Mama does dinner."

"I love Japanese food," I remarked, looking at him. "I can't have pork or beef, remember?"

"We all remember," he replied, touching my chin in the cutest way.

"Also, like, when you call your mom Mama, I laugh because South Indians call their uncles Mama. And other male relatives."

By burst out laughing. "That means that Yo Mama jokes apply to South Indian uncles. South Indian moms must be immune to those jokes."

"Right. Some villagers call their husbands Mama too."

"Uh..." By spoke, not knowing what else to say.

"I KNOW, RIGHT?!" I burst out laughing. "Papa also means baby girl in Telugu."

"Okay, I'm done!" By shouted.

***

Dinner. Was. Heavenly. We had soba noodles with hot broth and shrimp tempura. I finished my bowl in ten minutes flat. I wanted to kiss Byron soon after this so I snuck to the back and ate a few breath mints. I found By did the same.

"Let's meet for lunch again tomorrow," By said.

"You and your habit of last minute plans," I said as By and I began to kiss each other for a long time. I wrapped my arms around his neck for good measure.

A football hit By square in the back, and he whipped around. Adrienne, one of By's younger sisters, was the one who threw it.

"Can you guys take the PDA somewhere else?" came Adrienne's voice. "This is the living room, not a wedding hall."

"Yeah," By's other sister, Jocelyn added, who was playfully smirking. "Get a room."

Both Adrienne and Jocelyn were identical twins, and were high school juniors. They were so identical that the only thing that set them apart was the fact that Adrienne had long hair and Jocelyn had short hair, but they were polar opposites. Adrienne was the only girl who played football at school and played left tackle on varsity, and Jocelyn was the varsity cheer captain. An impressive feat to be varsity captain as a junior. Adrienne was a fashion mogul, and Jocelyn dressed in sweats and only sweats. Which destroyed the stereotype of girls in football dressing in a rough and tumble way, and girls in cheerleading dressing all fashionable. Because the Lopez-Hamada girls defied all stereotypes. Which was what I loved about them.