Chapter 7: Love Is An Open Door

The second day of college was pretty boring. My first class was political science and my second class was statistics. My last class was philosophy. Then I had basketball practice. My day didn't get interesting until I got a text from Viji in our group chat with Nat.

Moron

Viji: Yall on for dinner at 7:30 at the chipotle i work at

Nat: I was always on

Me: fuck yeah

Nat: what about your taekwondo

Me: oh I don't work from 7:00 to 9:00 on thursdays, jordan does the thursday black belt classes

Viji: Also Kento and Byron are joining us

Me: WHAT THE FUCK

Nat: ?? Chill girl

Me: YOU TELLING ME THIS RIGHT NOW????? IM CANCELLING

Nat: calm down its just byron

Nat: hes not that hot

Me: SHUT THE FUCK UP

Nat: YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP

Viji: girls lets calm down

Viji: I will do anything possible to make you come since you already said yes

Nat: what she said

Me: you guys are bitches

I did really want to go to dinner at Chipotle with the gang but I'd rather not embarrass myself in front of Byron.

"DEEPU!" Ritz suddenly called as I groaned. I knew where this was going to go.

"WHAT?" I called back to him, walking into the hallway.

"If you don't go to the dinner, I'm going to tell everyone I know about the famous story where you pooped all over me when you were six. Six!" he said.

"I HATE YOU!" I hollered in response.

"LIKEWISE!" Ritz singsonged back. "Need any help with your makeup?"

"Probably," I called. "I still hate you, though."

"Oh, honey, I hate you too," Ritz replied, as I heard him talking to none other than Viji. Of course Viji was the one who was making Ritz force me to go to the dinner, since she was the self-proclaimed mom of the friend group and how else would Ritz find out about it if it weren't for Viji or Nat?

I sent a text in the group chat again. After I called them bitches, they flooded the chat with messages so I was trying to read them and eventually gave up.

Me: I'll be there, change of plans

Me: ritz blackmailed me again

I grabbed my makeup bag and walked to Ritz's room.

"Why are you making me go to the dinner at Chipotle, anyway?" I asked him as I sat down on his bed, setting my makeup bag down.

"You might have a tough exterior and say you don't want to do things. But deep down, I know that you really want to go to the dinner." Annaya replied.

"How do you know that I would want to go to the dinner?" I questioned.

"Puh-lease, you're my baby sister. I know everything about you." He replied, starting to put a floral-smelling primer on my face. You might be wondering why I'm not doing my own makeup. Ritz is a beauty guru whereas I can't do makeup for the life of me. Another thing I'm not good at.