🍂Chapter 1🍂

As the clock struck midnight, Magnolia sat on the floor of her room staring at her favorite painting on the wall as she deplored the miserable realization that she has officially turned twenty. She envied the ones who had their lives figured out or the ones who had everything handed to them, being able to live blissfully and not having to worry about their future. It pained her heart to think about it. So, for comfort she lit her favorite candle, country fireside, sat on the floor, and stared at Coquelicots. One of her favorite paintings from Claude Monet. She sat there wishing that she too was one of the women in that painting.

Minutes passed by as sleep slowly reeled her in. So she blew out her candle and walked to her bed in her small apartment. Preparing herself for another work day. Before falling asleep, she made a wish.

"I... I wish for a change... a miracle perhaps," Magnolia wished as she snuggled herself to sleep, dreaming to be anywhere else than where she is. As she closed her eyes, she dreamt of the painting she stared at, hoping that she could peacefully be away in a wonderful meadow, alone and happy to be herself.

🪴🪴🪴

Magnolia rose from her slumber wondering why her alarm had yet to ring, she was going to be late to work. She reached out her hand in search of her alarm clock, only to feel the prickles of the grass and the soft rich dirt. Flabbergasted, Magnolia rose to her feet. She spun around not understanding her surroundings. She was in the deep woods. There were pine trees, firs, Moss, and woodland sunflowers. The sounds of nature were of a beautiful melody that made her heart beat increase in fear of the realization that this is not a dream.

"Hello," Magnolia cries as she cups her hands around her mouth in hopes of sounding louder. "Is anyone here... PLEASE!"

As she screamed it became apparent that she truly was the only person here. She sighs and looks down feeling hopeless, until suddenly she stops to look at her new attire. She was no longer in her pajamas. Instead, she is wearing: A brown ankle length and high waist skirt, a black blouse, a corset that made her breast look more plump, brown leggings that matched her skin tone, comfortable white stockings, and black boots. Nothing she would normally wear. Standing, with no clue as to where she is, it also became apparent to her that it's mid-autumn by the color of the leaves and how cool the temperature is.

"Maybe I should walk," Magnolia spoke to herself as a means to comfort herself.

Magnolia looked down to see she was laying on a red cloak. She quickly put it on to warm herself up. There were hidden holes in the cloak, she put her arms through them and held herself to keep warm.

As Magnolia carefully penetrates through the woods, realizing she could be attacked by any creature at any moment. With each crunch or snap she heard from the steps she took a part of her winced scared of what may be out here with her. As she walks a branch fell from a tree. Scared, she looks around only to find nothing.

Magnolia took a deep breath and continued on her journey. Walking through the woods she started to feel tired and her hunger slowly grew into the rumbling of her stomach. Magnolia walked through some large bushes to, low and behold, a cottage in the middle of the woods. It was dazzling, as if it were to come out of a vintage painting.

It all started to feel like a surreal as she carefully walked up the stony steps. It was a bit run down but still in good condition. Magnolia gently knocks on the door, but to her surprise the door creaked open from a simple touch.

"Hello?" She calls out. "Does... um... Does anyone live here?"

Magnolia peaks her head in through the door, all the essential for a human to live in this house were here, except for the human. The house was small so the living room and the kitchen were connected. You could see the pots and pans, along with a couch, some chairs and a bookshelf containing different types of books. The house isn't well decorated and is quite dusty. With one small inhale Magnolia couldn't help but sneeze.

Hesitating to step in she walks to the back to see if there was anyone there. The back of the house was more splendid than the front. The garden was overtaken by weeds but it has potential to become her dream fairy garden she's always wanted. This place looks as if no one has lived here in months.

"Maybe it wouldn't hurt if I stayed for just a couple nights?"

Magnolia decided to build up the courage to go inside and stay there, rather than wait outside. As an apology for intruding she also decided to fix up the place before anyone comes back. Hopefully no one comes back.

She got to work. Humming and singing as she cleaned. Magnolia was enjoying herself for the first time in a while. She treated this house as if it were meant to be hers. As days passed, she didn't care to wonder how she ended up here, the thought of going back never once crossed her mind, she was alone but happy.