👑Chapter 6👑

"Barnes? What is the meaning of this?"

Magnolia who's been panicking turns to see a well dressed man in luxury clothing and a woman clinging to his arm dressing in one of the biggest and sparkling dresses she's ever seen approach her and the fat man.

"Your-your highness," the fat man turned surprised. "What brings you here? I-I thought you had a meeting to attend to."

The king looked at Magnolia, she was dressed in tight fitting worn out clothes. Her figure was sharp and her curls bounced effortlessly. It made the king curious.

"That is not of your concern. Leave before I decide to terminate or contract over you losing your temper."

"Yes- yes your highness," the man bowed and wobbled away. The crowd slowly started to disperse.

The king walked up to Magnolia with the queen holding onto the king's arm still. Magnolia kept her head down.

"She's quite homely, don't you think," the queen spoke first, mocking Magnolia. Magnolia didn't move as she felt embarrassed. She fiddled with her fingers. Hoping they would leave.

The king paid no attention to the queen. He studied the girl in front of him. He assumed they're around the same age.

"How old are you," the king asked.

"I... I'm twenty-one your highness," Magnolia spoke quickly, unable to hide the nerves.

"She clearly lacks manners," the queen whispered to the King, but still loud enough for Magnolia to hear. She didn't understand why they were interested in her in the first place. "Look at him as he speaks to you! It's a sign of respect," the queen scoffed.

Magnolia did what she was told, still holding in her tears.

With one look into her doe eyes, the king was also enchanted by such beauty. Her skin tone was unique and natural. There was no sign of make up across her face. Her skin shimmered in the sun and her eyes glistened. The king was completely captivated by it and the queen noticed.

"Miss," The king said in a soft tone, "Do you have a job at the moment."

"No, your highness."

"Any kids?"

"No, your highness."

"Are you married?"

Magnolia hesitated for a second, "N-n-no you Highness."

"Then I'd like to make you my concubine," the king smiled happily, but Magnolia frowned.

"Her?" The queen tried to hide her irritation. "But your highness, look at her. She doesn't even come from a noble background." The king ignored her, his eyes kept on Magnolia.

Magnolia bowed her head, not wanting to keep eye contact with the King, "Forgive me your grace, but I can't accept."

"I wasn't asking," the king snapped his fingers and guards appeared on each side of Magnolia, pulling her by the arm. Maximus began to act up again. This time he started kicking at the pole trying to set himself free.

"Wait! Please, your Highness," Magnolia pleaded as she struggled to get the guards to let go. She was strong for someone small. "NO! I Don't want to!" Magnolia began to cry as she fought for them to let her go. Maximus kept kicking and making noises.

The king turned his attention to the guards, "Make sure she gets to the castle safely, tell the maids to change her into something more approachable." The guards nodded by the king's request and got to work in dragging Magnolia onto one of the horses. The queen watched in disgust. She walked up to Magnolia feeling nothing but resentment.

"Keep in mind that this doesn't make you special. A concubine is just a toy, nothing more," She spat and left to return to the Kings side. The tears continued to stream down her face as she fought not to leave. Everyone was watching. Magnolia felt humiliated as she struggled. She screamed for help knowing good and well no one would come. For the first time she felt truly alone.

Maximus broke free and started charging at the guards. The men jumped out of the way and the King began to grow irritated. He turned to one of the guards.

"Shoot it down."

"Sir, isn't that her horse?"

The King shrugged, "I'll buy her a new one." The King entered his carriage and rode off with his queen.

The guard aimed to shoot Maximus only for him to take off. The guards looked at each other confused before turning their attention back to Magnolia who was a crying mess.

"LET ME GO!" She continued to fight. Suddenly, from the corner of her eye a head went flying to the ground. She stared in bewilderment. Unable to turn away from the soulless eyes that stared deep into hers as blood flowed from his neck. She looked behind her to find the rest of the body. It felt as if time stopped as she watched heads fly and blood paint the sky. Magnolia's stomach turned tightly, feeling tense and unable to move, something didn't sit right in her stomach as she looked at the scene in front of her. She covered her mouth to keep herself from throwing up.

She heard something charge towards her. Before she could turn around to see what it was, she felt herself being carried away. She looked down to see Maximus. The hand that carried her, pulled her in tightly to his chest.

"I got you," The voice was soft, she recognized it.

They took her back to the woods, hoping the guards wouldn't follow.