There's no place like a haunted home

If you ask Percy how her relationship with the sun was, she would simply say, not good. When she was little, she didn't like it because it hurt a lot. When she got older and visited a doctor she learned that she had Solar Urticaria, a rare allergy to sunlight that causes her to have hives on her skin when it's exposed to the sun even for a few minutes and can last for hours. Just another reason for her to be nocturnal, and she had been successfully managed to keep up that habit for 14 years, but all good things come to an end she guesses.

That was what Percy was thinking as she was walking the path that was leading to the Main Street, towards the seven different statues of various figures, trying to stay in her parasol's shadow as much as possible, with both her shoulders occupied by Mimikyu and Grim, while Cinccino was on her sunhat, the rest of her Pokemon in their Pokeballs. Since Crowley didn't give her any cleaning tools or products, the best she could do was have Cinccino dust them and then make Vaporeon hose them with Water Gun.

"Wow, so this is Main Street, huh? This is incredible!" Grim admired. "I didn't get to see much of it yesterday. What's the deal with these seven statues? All their faces look pretty scary."

Percy frowned and studied the statues, "I can't see what's so scary about them, seems like just some old statues to me."

"This lady here," Grim pointed at the statue at the end of the line on the right. It was of a large woman, wearing a dress and a crown, and holding a heart scepter. "Looks like she's got some reeeal anger management issues, see?"

"You don't know the Queen of Hearts?" a voice joined in.

The four turned towards the owner of the voice and saw a boy standing behind them. He, as his uniform suggested, was a student. A ginger with eyes of cherries, also he had a heart over his left eye.

"The Queen of Hearts?" Grim asked. "Is she some kinda big deal?"

"She was a queen who lived in a mazelike garden of roses long, long ago." The ginger explained. "She was a strict woman who prized order above all. She wouldn't tolerate a rose being off-color, or her playing-card soldiers being out of step. She basically ruled over a kingdom of madness, but not one of her subjects dared to defy her. You wanna know why? Because the punishment for breaking a rule was immediate decapitation!"

"Ccino Cinccino!" The scarf pokemon said while shaking and buried her face in her trainer's hat in fear. (That's horrible!)

"Wah! That is seriously messed up!" Grim whimpered.

"Yes, absolutely," Percy agreed, as someone who always enjoyed living according to her own rules, which was unfathomable chaos, that queen's kind of lifestyle sounded unbearable to her.

But apparently, the ginger boy thought different, "Pretty cool, right? I'm a big fan. I mean, who would bother to obey a queen that was kind all the time?"

"Yeah, true. A leader needs to be strong." Grim nodded.

"Yes, strong. Not a tyrant, it just sounds like she's abusing her power to me." İntercepted Percy, if you try to rule only with fear, there would be nothing to stop people from rebelling against you once the fear is gone.

"Anyway, but puttin' that aside... Who're you, now?" her feline friend finally decided to ask.

The ginger boy grinned a little too widely, "Name's Ace. I'm a first-year student here, as of... today! Pleased to meetcha!" he introduced himself while he had a black leather glove-clad hand on the back of his head, then he held out his hand.

Percy was still pondering upon whether to shake his hand or not, but Grim didn't wait for her to talk.

"I'm Grim! I'm a prodigy who's plannin' to be, like, the greatest mage who ever lived. Then there's my far less interesting henchwomaaa—MEOUCH!" Mimikyu pushed him down Percy's shoulder before he could finish, he already didn't like sharing his spot with the mangy monster, he couldn't idly stand by while he belittled his trainer.