chapter 5: minato and kushina's concerns.

Most people thought pursuing naruto was pointless others thought he was already dead.

But as a parent minato and kushina's parental instincts told them differently.

Thankfully Jiraiya and tsunade kept a photo of naruto for them to use for their pursuit of their son.

However every time they made some kind of progress the trail always went cold after 24 hours.

So before leaving they took with them team 8 and hinata hyuga to assist them.
Naruto could cover his tracks, cover his appearance, cover his scent. But what he couldn't hide was his Chakra signature.

They made it to wave country following up on leads from his previous mission record and knew that they should ask the bridge builder tazuna if he stopped by the area.

With some luck hopefully they could get some information on if naruto had passed through or not.

Knocking on the door minato kushina hinata the rest of team 8 all wait patiently for someone to answer the door.

An old man and a young boy answered as the old man said.

"Hello. My name is tazuna.
This here is my grandson inari.
Judging by your appearances your konoha village shinobi aren't you???.

Don't be surprised. That bridge I built was named after a konoha shinobi named naruto.

He restored hope to our once small village of waves. How is he???.
A better question is...who are you???.
Because you look an awful lot like him."

Minato then said.

"Well ummm...you see I...I mean we're.
My name is minato namikaze former 4th hokage of the leaf village.
This is my wife Kushina uzumaki.

And this is hinata hyuga along with her  teammates Kiba inuzuka and shino aburame We're...naruto's parents."

Tazuna then said.

Hmm....never heard of you.
If he's never mentioned you then I don't believe your his parents.

Kid said they died when he was born. Grew up an orphan abused by his own people. Show me some proof if you can."

Minato then showed a picture of kushina holding a baby naruto in her arms exhausted from childbirth.

Tazuna then said.

"This might be just a baby picture but I believe you. Sadly the only person who passed by here was some kid called menma who was looking for building supplies and a ship with a small crew.

Their appearance was different but they sounded very similar to each other and they wore a fox mask to cover their face.

My closest guess is that they might be the same person. It was to hard to tell.
Besides. I was half drunk off my ass.

But based on the port I directed him to he seemed to be heading to the land of water towards the north west of the mist village. Not sure why.

Nothing out that way but a bunch of stone ruins from the second ninja war really.  In fact those ruins had the same spiral pattern as the one on your vests."

Kushina then said.

"Stone ruins, second shinobi war, same spiral pattern as on our vests. Minato you don't think that he's gone to...."

And minato said.

"Yes kushina I believe he has.
Our son is heading to the uzumaki clan homeland that was destroyed in the second ninja war.