1: Sleepover

Lukas had woken up that morning, groggily checking the time. The light on his phone was like a flare for him, as he had just woken up. He squinted, physically recoiling at the intense light. He finally managed to catch a glimpse of the time. It was 3:45 pm, which meant he had over three more hours to spend. He was also quite shocked at how much he had slept in, though he was not that surprised since he usually woke up at 4 am to get to the cat cafe and end the day at around 6. He was getting paid well, so he didn't mind too much. 

He got up, yawning and stretching very slightly as he walked into his kitchen. He immediately checked to see if his cat had any food, and when he investigated the cat food bag; He discovered he had run all out and that he needed to pick some up. His cat had run expectantly up to him in hopes of him filling the cat dish full of kibble, and was thoroughly disappointed when after a while, he didn't. "Sorry Dewey. Looks like I have to go to the store." He sighed, frowning at his cat. He thought more and more, then his frown changed into a slight smile.

"Wanna come to the pet store with me?" He offered, grinning slightly. Dewey hopped around excitedly in response, and Lukas' grin only grew. "Okay pal, let me go get dressed quickly, then I'll grab your leash and we'll go." Dewey sat down and gawked at him as he walked off into his bedroom.

He came back with his iconic leather coat on, the ocelot logo embroidered on the back fashionably. He wore a white shirt underneath, and blue ripped jeans. He grabbed Dewey's cat harness and put it on her firmly, though not too tight. He clipped the leash to the ring on the back and smiled at his cat warmly. "Alright Dewey. Let's go." He said cheerily, grabbing the knob to his door and opening it as they made their way to the pet store.

.

.

.

Jesse had walked through the food aisles in the pet store, grunting quietly in annoyance as he realized this store hardly sold anything for pigs. Even though it wasn't THAT surprising, he had been hoping they had more. Even though he had found a couple of crinkly toys and stuffed animal toys for Rueben, his pet pig, he was mostly looking for a certain blend of food for the pig. After all, he only wanted the best for him.

After a while of scavenging through the shelves and aisles, he found a couple bags of food that his pig might like as an alternative to their usual brand and picked it up with one hand as he hauled it towards the register. He thought he had caught a glimpse of a familiar blondie, but he shook it off as he placed the bags on the counter, accompanied by a couple of other toys he had found. He patiently waited for the cashier to scan the bar codes on the bag and soon after, he heard footsteps directly from behind him and a known voice spoke up from behind. 

"Jesse?" The voice spoke, causing Jesse to turn his head back at the sound of his name. "Huh? What?" He paused, glancing up at the slightly taller guy. "Oh." He gawked, before clearing his cumbersome throat. The two of them stood, discomforted by one another. "So, what are you doing here?" Lukas started, his cat rubbing at his feet as he did his best to look at Jesse head on.

"What do you think?" He said in return, his tone not betraying any emotion. Lukas narrowed his eyes slightly, though not in an agitated or negative way. "I don't know, that's why I asked." Lukas replied, and Jesse smirked a bit. "Just trying to find food for my pet, seemingly the same as you." Jesse countered, pointing to the basket in his hand that carried multiple cans of wet food and bags of dry food. Lukas couldn't help but grin slightly with his response, his eyes glittering with amusement. "I didn't know you had a pet. Cat or dog? or maybe even a reptile?" The blonde inquired, moving just barely closer as he peered curiously at him. 

He waited a bit to respond, before gleefully grinning. "Pig, actually." He watched as Lukas' expression changed from curiosity to surprise. "Well, I never would have guessed that!" He chuckled, tapping his chin gently as he stared warmly at Jesse.