02

I quickly finish off my burger as one of my cousin's speaks to me, but I'm not concentrating on what she's saying

I quickly finish off my burger as one of my cousin's speaks to me, but I'm not concentrating on what she's saying. My eyes are focused on him. He's standing on the other side of the garden, speaking to his best friend, who happens to be my older brother. His eyes flicker to me multiple times and I bite my lip in anticipation for when he's a little closer to me.

I gulp when his gaze stays fixated on me, even when there's people walking in between us, his eyes stay on mine. They drag down my body and linger on my chest before flickering up to my face. I grin at him, sending him a wink.

He says something to my brother, Emmanuel, before he walks towards me. I look away, clearing my throat and then I feel someone behind me. He reaches forward, picking a glass up from the table in front of me, and he leans against my back, the heat of his body consuming me. I sigh.

"Good evening, Willow." Obi says, and he runs his fingers up my bare arms. The crop top I wore hung off of my body like silk, and he was so close to me, that it made me shiver in excitement. "Do you wanna get away from the party?" He asked, and I grin, turning around to face him.

"It's like you can read my mind." I say, placing my hands on my hips as Obi's fingers run across the part of my midriff that was exposed, slightly slipping into the waistband of my mom jeans. "Let's go to my room." I mumble, tilting my chin up.

I'm pretty sure everyone in my family knows about my friends with benefits situation with Obi, but they choose to ignore it. My brother, however, wasn't the happiest when he found out, but he's learnt to accept it. It was like a personal betrayal for him when he figured out that his best friend was sleeping with his sister, but he got over it eventually.

Obi takes my hand, leading me into the empty house and up the stairs to my room. He closes the door behind us as we instantly hold onto each other's bodies, kissing and ripping our clothes off.

I'm layed on my bed and I'm moaning as Obi kisses down my chest and my belly, his hands on my shoulders. It's crazy how attractive Obi is. He has dark skin and braided hair and a muscly, toned body and his calves... they're strong. They could choke me if he wanted them to. The fact that we both have big lips makes it easier to make out and it also means the pleasure is immense when he's eating me out.

Then, Obi is thrusting into me and I'm moaning and gripping his shoulders and he's groaning into my neck and we never usually do it in missionary, but it's a party and we don't have much time.

A piercing scream almost leaves my throat when my bedroom door is flung open and Obi is scattering to pull the duvet over us before he collapses on top of me. "Oh my God." I mumble, sticking my head out to see who has disturbed us.

Ennis. My eyes widened in shock. Didn't he leave town? Why is he in my room? His mouth is wide open and his skin is pale and he's looking everywhere but at me.

"Oh my- I'm so sorry- I'm gonna go-"

"Ennis?" I exclaim, and Obi then sticks his head out, glaring at Ennis. "What are you-" I push Obi off of me as I pull the duvet over my chest and sit up. Obi huffs and grabs his boxers from the ground, hiding under the duvet as he slips them on. "What are you doing here?"

"Yo, you mind?" Obi interrupts, staring at Ennis. "You're still here." He tilts his head at Ennis, but he's too busy looking at me. His eyes flicker all over my face, his eyebrows furrowed.

"Obi, can you give us a minute?" I asked him, grabbing the hoodie that was at the end of my bed and shoving it on my body. We both get out of bed together and Obi scoops up his clothes off of the ground and stalks over to Ennis, shoving his shoulder into his body as he walks past and out of my room.

"I'm so sorry, Willow. I didn't realise- your mum said you'd be in your room, so I- I'm sorry." He apologised, and I stared at him in confusion.

"Why are you here?" I asked him, staring at him. Last time I checked, Ennis was living his best life in Liverpool and we had stopped talking almost two years ago. Now, he's here. In my room. Staring at me like I'm a piece of art.

"Oh- we moved back next door." He answered, nodding his head. "I thought... I'd come and see you because we haven't spoken in a while." He smiles hesitantly, and I try to swallow the lump in my throat.

"Oh." It was a stupid response, but it was the only one I could muster. I nod my head, and Ennis looks away from me, clearing his throat. "What's wrong?" I asked him.

"Nothing, you just look... different. Like- like a good different." He says, and I realise that he's much more awkward around me. When we were kids, he was much more outgoing and was the loudest person on the street.

"Thank you. I need to get back to the party now, so..."

"Yeah, of course." He says, stepping out of the way of the door.

"You can join us, if you want." I shrug my shoulders, and Ennis shakes his head, running his hands through his hair.

"No, I still need to unpack." He tells me, and I lick my bottom lip. Ennis sends me a small smile before he leaves my room. I sigh, moving my hair out of my face. I quickly grab a pair of shorts and slip them on, leaving on the black hoodie as I leave my room, skipping down the stairs.

"What was that about?" Obi asked as he leaned against the wall, his arms crossed against his chest as he raised his eyebrow at me. I shrug my shoulders.

"No idea." I say, taking his hand as we walk back out. Obi hums, his hand on my back as we re-enter the party and I try to pretend that there wasn't a weird feeling in the pit of my belly after seeing Ennis again. I didn't know what it was.