Six

𝐹 𝐸 𝐴 𝑅 surged through her as multiple pairs of eyes turned to her as she entered the room

𝐹 𝐸 𝐴 𝑅 surged through her as multiple pairs of eyes turned to her as she entered the room. It was a dining room, a dining room big enough to feed thousands of orphans. There were seven banquets draped across the room, blue silk spilled across the table tops, crystal vases burst with orchids and stargazer lilies, glass bowls filled with gardenias.

They were enchanting, so much so that they didn't even seem real. Then again...she hadn't seen real flowers in years.

Warner was seated at the head of the table directly in the middle of the room. Upon seeing them, Warner stood from his chair prompting the entire room – except one – to do the same. Sitting to Warner's right was a woman, a beautiful woman.

"Ah, there she is."

The young girl's face flushed a bright pink as the woman's eyes trailed from her damp hair to her tattered shoes. The woman's gaze was unwavering, seemingly waiting for her to crack.

The brush of Adam's fingertips against the small of her back startled her, breaking it. She hurried forward and Warner beamed at her, confusing the woman. He pulled out the chair on his left and gestured for her to sit.

She did.

Determined to not look at Adam as he sat next to her, she focused on the woman seated across from her.

"You know . . . there are clothes in your armoire, my dear." Warner sat down, openly grimacing at her appearance.

Her face was smooth and round. Her lips were painted a deep shade of red almost resembling blood. A pretty pair of earrings dangled, glittering at the slightest movement. Her hair . . . gosh her hair! It was dark, shiny and long.

Though this was the first time she had seen her . . .

"And you don't have to wear those dirty tennis shoes anymore," Warner continued, stealing another glance to his right – pouring what is believed to be water into her cup.

. . . For some reason

"Juliette?"

She despised her.

"Juliette." Warner snapped his fingers.

Juliette blinked, stifled the cough in her throat and looked down at the empty plate sitting in front of her. She was caught staring. The entire room had seen her staring.

Warner's glassy green eyes glinted in her direction.

"Seeing as she has captured your attention, I might as well introduce you both," He licked his lips and continued, "Juliette, this is Cassandra Woods."