Somebody That I Used To Know| Chapter 2| Mystreet : Act 1

TW emotional distress, slight mention of a past injury, humor involving physical discomfortsupernatural elements

"You're here, you're actually here in my arms!" Aphmau exclaimed, her voice quivering with a mix of relief and disbelief.

Aaron's eyes were also brimming with tears as he reached out to her. "I've been dreaming about this moment. Heh, I don't even know what to say."

They embraced, holding each other tightly as if afraid the moment might slip away. Aphmau buried her face in Aaron's shoulder, inhaling his familiar scent, a blend of earthy musk and the faint hint of pine that reminded her of their shared adventures in the forest.

"I-I do," Aphmau murmured, her voice barely audible over the rush of emotions. She took Aaron's hands in hers, her fingers trembling slightly. "Aaron, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for what I did to you."

"Aph-" Aaron began, but she gently placed a finger over his lips, silencing him with a tender touch.

"Everything that happened, everything I did to you, it was all my fault," Aphmau continued, her voice laden with regret. "None of this would have happened to you if it weren't for me. I didn't deserve to be sa-"

"You have nothing to be sorry for," Aaron interjected softly, his gaze locked on hers with unwavering sincerity.

Aphmau looked up at him, her eyes searching his face for any hint of resentment, finding only compassion and understanding.

"These scars," Aaron continued in a whisper, tracing a finger over his own cheek where faint marks told stories of battles fought and wounds healed, "they hurt, but not because of how I got them, but because of the words that you were forced to say to me."

"I would never-" Aphmau started, her voice breaking with unshed tears.

"I know you would never say those things to me," Aaron reassured her, his voice gentle yet firm, "but what you said was true, and it made me think a lot about myself. What happened, it wasn't your fault."

They held each other in a tight embrace, the weight of years apart lifting with each heartbeat. Aphmau felt the tension melt away as Aaron's arms enveloped her, offering solace and forgiveness that she had feared she might never receive.

"I'm sorry you had to live with that guilt," Aaron murmured into her hair, his breath warm against her skin.

"All I wanted, after all this time, was just to hold you," Aphmau admitted quietly, her voice laced with vulnerability and longing.

"Then we can do that for as long as you want," Aaron replied tenderly, his hands gently stroking her back in soothing circles.

"I'd like that, a lot," Aphmau said, her voice barely above a whisper. "Just to hold you without saying anything."

"Is that because you don't know what else to say?" Aaron teased gently, a small smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

"Heh, yeah," Aphmau chuckled softly through her tears, the sound of her laughter mingling with the quiet rustle of leaves outside. "I'm at a loss for words. I can't even describe how happy, sad, emotional I am right now."

"Same here," Aaron admitted with a small smile, his eyes reflecting the flickering candlelight that cast gentle shadows around them. "I'd rather just spend time with you in my arms."

"Please..." Aphmau sighed contentedly, her heart finally finding peace in the warmth of their embrace and the promise of a future where their love could blossom once more.

[-.-. ..- - / -- . / --- ..-. ..-.]

Krystal stood at the beach, looking out at the ocean, reflecting on the events of the night.