Blue Skies Chase Those Dark Clouds | Prologue | Mystreet : Act 1

Lol, Character Ai, my sweet love-
Yes, I used ai for the wording, cause my grammar is a little stupid.

TW - The want to die, Moral Dilemmas, grief/loss, power dynamics.

~~~

He stood there with his tail swaying back and forth, his eyes empty, dull. This was his judgment call. The one chance everyone gets to convince the Divine to let them live. He wasn't going to try to claim another life. He wanted to die. 

 "If I told you I didn't want this revival, would you believe me?" 

 "Yes, I would. It's hard not to believe you, especially since I know everything about you, and him. But you know what the others want."

 "I know. The plan to kill her—it was all his doing. I felt - hell, still feel compelled to go along with it. I don't want to hurt them. You said it yourself, you know more about it than I do, being a goddess and all." 

 "It's possible to break you free from this cycle, but I won't intervene. Despite it not being entirely your fault, everything you've done has consequences. I wish I could grant you the freedom to die, but my decision will shape the future, and the others would want you to face the consequences. Whatever happens next, you deserve it." 

 "..I understand." 

 "You don't. You think it's unfair. But you'll understand why. Soon. Somewhere, some other place." 

 [.-- . .----. .-.. .-..]

 Krystal sat in the middle of a familiar field, her expression a mix of resignation and irritation. She had been summoned by Lady Irene once again, and it never boded well. 

 "Hello, Krystal Trevino." 

 "Greetings, M'lady," Krystal replied, bowing respectfully before the goddess. 

 "Glad to see you remember me. Though, if you didn't it would be my own fault," Irene said, her smile softening the sternness in her eyes. 

 "..What do you need, Lady Irene?" Krystal asked, cutting to the chase. 

 "Always to the point, no? Loosen up a bit, Trevino," Irene teased gently. 

 "Lady Irene, I mean no offense, but we aren't friends. I'm not exactly comfortable here," Krystal responded with a touch of defiance.

 Lady Irene's expression shifted subtly, a hint of disappointment crossing her features. 

Krystal's bravado quickly gave way to unease—after all, she was conversing with a goddess, one of the most powerful beings in existence. 

 "I'm sorry, Lady Irene," Krystal apologized quickly, fearing she had overstepped her bounds. 

 "No, no. It's fine. Anyhow, I need your help," Irene said, her voice regaining its usual composed tone. 

 Krystal sighed inwardly. It seemed she was always the one called upon when trouble brewed in the realms beyond her understanding. She had no family or allies to turn to; her duty to Irene was both a burden and a calling. 

 "Ok. Tell me what the mission is," Krystal said, resigning herself to whatever task lay ahead. 

 "You are to travel to Starlight and ensure the safety of its inhabitants. Something ominous is brewing, and revealing too much could exacerbate the situation," Irene explained cryptically. 

 Krystal nodded, absorbing the gravity of Irene's words. She had learned the hard way that meddling with the delicate balance of cosmic forces could lead to catastrophic consequences. 

 Krystal shifted uncomfortably in the presence of Lady Irene's piercing gaze. The field around them seemed to shimmer slightly, a sign of the goddess's power subtly manifesting.