1/ Five Minutes Late

(Welcome to my new book!)

Hyunjin relaxed against the seat of his car, breathing in the cool breeze of the afternoon sky.

It was approximately 1:52pm, as he checked his phone.

A message from Felix was on the screen, asking again for the address of the park which was less than a ten minute drive away from his home.

"How do you keep forgetting, Lix?", Hyunjin whispered to himself, smiling.

He texted the address to him once more, getting out of the vehicle.

The park was nearly empty, with the only other source of life being an ice cream truck man checking his inventory.

"Hm, maybe Lix would like some ice cream.", Hyunjin said.

He walked over to the truck, his long leather jacket swaying in the wind.

His hair glistened under the sun, the blonde tones bright enough to rival the giant star itself.

As he arrived at the truck, he gained the attention of the ice cream man.

"Well hello there sir. Care for some ice cream?", the middle-aged man asked.

"Yes, I do. For me, I'll take a plain vanilla cone with strawberry toppings."

"Alright then, coming up."

The man went into his truck to make the cone.

Hyunjin looked around the park.

It was mostly trees, with a clearing dedicated to the parking lot, playground, fountain, and sand box.

This was the perfect place for a date.

A date with Felix.

The love of his life.

"Here ya go sir. Anything else?"

"Thank you. And can I get a coconut sweet popsicle? I heard they're good in this area."

"Got it."

The man rummaged around in his freezer.

One set of coconut Popsicles came in a white wrapper. These were store-bought.

But the others came in a green wrapper. These, were home made.

The man picked up a green one, handing it to Hyunjin, who paid him and walked away.

Hyunjin sat down.

His phone now said 1:58.

Felix should be here soon.

Hyunjin opened the wrapper of the coconut popsicle, placing it on his seat.

It had a really sweet, but fruity flavor.