6/ Of All The Things I Would Do

"Hyunjin, you have to go home."

"No! I want stay with appa! No make me go home appa! Home is here."

Ji-Hwan took a deep breath.

He had been trying to convince Hyunjin that he needed to go home, as promised.

"Hyunjin, sweetie, your arm isn't healing well and you need to see a doctor. Plus, I'm not going to get in trouble, and you can come see me sometimes."

"No! Want stay with appa!"

"Hyunjin please...appa will be sad if you don't go home."

Hyunjin looked at him, his sad eyes adding a deeper feeling of sadness for Ji-Hwan.

"Don't you miss Felix? Your boyfriend?"

"Lixie no want me. Friends no want Hyunnie. They give up on me."

"Baby, they didn't give up on you. I am telling you right now that they want you home. They are giving me what I want in exchange for you."

"You give me away for monies?"

"Not for the money baby. For your friends. For...Jisung."

Hyunjin pouted, crossing his arms angrily.

He turned away from Ji-Hwan.

"Sweetie, you can come see me anytime, okay? Your friends want you back. It was my mistake to take you in the first place."

Hyunjin turned back around. This time, his eyes were filled with tears.

"Appa no want Hyunnie anymore?"

"That's not true baby."

"But appa said he should no take Hyunnie in first place. Appa not want me..."

"Baby I do want you here. But...I can't keep you. And deep down you know I can't."

Ji-Hwan's phone buzzed.

It was a text from Jisung.

"Hey, we all pitched in, and we even got some others to help, and the money is on the way."

"Thank you little squirrel."

"You're welcome. Any luck with the baby ferret?"

"No. He refuses to go home. He really thinks you all don't want him."

"But we do."

"I know. Also, his arm is not healing well at all. He needs medical attention."

While Ji-Hwan was texting, Hyunjin got up and walked away.

The little didn't want to leave his appa.