5/ Stockholm Syndrome

(If it is underlined, it is a text message conversation.)

Hyunjin woke up to a comfortable bed, covered in blankets, with a fluffy pillow.

Looking next to him, he saw the man who kidnapped him. But instead of immediately getting up and running away, he felt...safe? He felt like he shouldn't leave this person.

The man woke up as well, and saw Hyunjin staring at him.

"Oh, good morning.", he said.

"Good morning."

"You're not little this morning?"

"N-no...little? How did you-"

"You slipped, last night. You called me appa, a lot."

"And you don't mind?"

"No. Not at all. It's cute. Plus, I am happy you have a way to relieve your stress. It's a good hobby to have since you are in this situation."

"I guess so. Thank you for letting me sleep in here sir."

"You're welcome."

Hyunjin sat up and stretched his arms out to his side. The man sat up as well.

"By the way...you don't have to call me sir."

"Well what do I call you?"

"My name is Ji-Hwan."

"Ah okay. Well thank you, Ji-Hwan."

"You're welcome."

Ji-Hwan's phone rang, and he picked it up, seeing a familiar contact.

"Hey man, what's up."

"Bro, bro, guess what?"

"What?"

"So my friend and I snuck in and got the phone. We are going to talk to the kidnapper today, and hopefully we can negotiate something so he can return Hyunjin to us."

"Ah, well that's good. I hope it works out. Again, I am sorry this happened Jisung."

"It's okay man. By the way, do not tell mom I broke into JYP last night. She already is convinced I am a criminal."

"I won't."

"Thanks bro. I will update you soon."

"Talk soon little squirrel."

Ji-Hwan hung up. Hyunjin stared at him.

"You're...", Hyunjin began.

"Jisung's big brother? Yes."

"But...how...I didn't even recognize you. I am sure we have met."

"We have. But it was years ago. I wouldn't expect you to remember me."

"Hmm. Jisung is going to be really upset when he finds out. Or not, seeing as they gave up on me."

Ji-Hwan was partially glad that Hyunjin could not hear Jisung's side of the conversation.

"I know. I know. That's what I am dreading."

Hyunjin saw the sad look on Ji-Hwan's face, and hugged him.