The Attack on Democracy...

Xelbian Ports across the Ocean were doing normal as usual, but on February 8th, 1853... that would forever change Xelbian history.

The Xelbian Port of Crède was attacked by the Esplanade Army. Their flags were clearly shown in the open, hoping that the attack would not spark more international outcry... It sparked even MORE outcry.

Xelbia had 826 people that died, and 1,153 injuries. The attack lasted 17 minutes and was a definitive statement to their Independence. Duscany knew that Xelbia would be active after this point... but no one knew what they'd be bringing to the table.

Immediately, Steel Production grew by 300%, Food Production. By 350%, as Copper, Wood and Ammunition production soared to 450%. The Amount of Guns, Cannons, Warships that were being produced began to exponentially increase. The sleeping giant of the world has awoken... filled with a terrible resolve.

Xelbia Declared War on the Esplanade Empire, and even began shifting the weight of their war effort to their Navy. No matter how many ships the Esplanade Empire sank, they could always be rebuilt.

The Esplanade Empire realized that it was doomed in a long term conflict... but for many years, it was a capable force. It managed to hold out for many years, up until 1855... that was when things got bad.

In 1855, Xelbia had begun to mobilize whatever populace it could, going from a standing army of 1.2 Million to 8.3 Million. This number was expected to grow to 12 Million by 1856. Their Military had enough muskets, Cannons and warships to continue the war for decades. The Esplanade Empire is now in big, big trouble...