Chapter 10

Melody's POV

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

The annoying sound of my alarm wakes me from my sleep. Begrudgingly I open one eye to look at the horrendous device called an alarm clock. The time 9:00 stares back at me in neon yellow, the colour causing my eyes to squint. My arm moves from under my comforter to the clock as I hastily turn the alarming mechanical sound off. Once silence is returned to my room, I groan my hand finding its way to covering my face. The abrupt sound erases all remnants of tranquility. Then suddenly I realised why the sound felt as though it echoed throughout my room more than usual, it was due to the throbbing in my head. It felt as though someone was constantly taking a hammer down to my temples. My body felt sore as well, I realised as I moved around in my bed, preparing myself to get up and get ready for the day. My quality of sleep it appears was horrible last night. I sigh as I sit up and remove my comforter from my body.

"That's what happens when you run away from your mate." snarky huffed an annoyed Viola.

"Dammit Viola!" I grunt in return, "It is too early for your sarcasm and snarky remarks on top of a pounding headache. Give me a break will you?"

Instead of waiting for a response I blocked her out. Silence. Silence at last. Staring ahead as I sit on the edge of my bed, feet planted on the floor and arms at my side ready to push my body into a standing position. I look out of the window onto our pack lands, watching the trees dance in the breeze as my mind wonders. Today my mate, Alpha Alec will be coming over for a meeting with Ashton.

When the reality of that thought crashes down on me I jump into action. I quickly push myself out of bed and stumble over to the bathroom to get ready for the killer day ahead. During what I would love to call a mind numbing shower, it was actually the opposite since my brain and wolf would not shut up, thinking about all the possible ways today can go wrong. When I turned the shower off my thoughts suddenly decided to quieten down too. I snickered as I tightly wrapped a towel around my body. I hastily walked into my walk in closet in search of an outfit to fit today's activities.

I decided on a pair of athletics leggings, a black sports bra and a mint green mesh top to finish off my look. My hair was dirty, well correction my scalp in particular was oily, making it look really dirty. It's what happens after wearing my wigs for long periods of time. I think it's due to how much I sweat when I wear them. The rest of my hair looks clean, having no energy to make my hair presentable to others I decided to throw my hair into a messy bun. There crisis averted. My hair now looks decent enough to leave my room.

I walked over to my bedroom door, my hand was on the doorknob ready to open the door when my ears started ringing. Tentatively I removed my hand from the doorknob and turned around to search my room. I was forgetting something. Something really freaking important.

"Ugh, you idiot," mumbled Viola, rolling her eyes in my mind's eye.

Hearing her call me an idiot felt like a bucket of ice cold water falling over my head.

"Shit," I muttered.

"Yeah, 'shit,' you're forgetting to spray yourself with masking spray, since you thought running from our mate was such a good idea." She sassily responds.

I literally jumped from my room door to the other side of my room where the masking spray sat silently on my desk. Grabbing it I sprayed myself with an entire bottle. Rather safe than sorry. Then I rummaged through my bedroom in search of the other two bottles I had in the room. Opening all my desk draws I searched through them, when I came up empty each time I left a draw open. Then I turned my attention towards my bed, low and behold the other two were sitting in their plastic wrapping on my one night stand. The nightstand on the side of the bed I don't use. So it's the one I pay little to no attention to.