Deb X Wes- Date Night

(Wes' POV)

I walked into Cactus and Tropicals on a mission. I was going to get my love her favorite flowers in a beautiful bouquet. I had ordered a beautiful mixture of lilies, her favorite, and tulips, her second favorite. I had it wrapped in a light green paper, reminiscent of her eyes, but really made no comparison to her. I then headed home to prepare for that night.

---------------------------------------

Food? Check. Flowers? Check. Table-settings? Check. Suit? Check. I looked in the mirror, my slightly tousled sandy-blond hair accented my navy suit. My blue eyes matching. I remember a time when Deb compared me to a beach. We had laughed about it. Thinking about it now, a smirk rested on my face. No time to think back, this is the night it all comes down to. Nothing can go wrong. My doorbell rang. I rushed to open the door. Standing there was the most stunning woman I had ever met. Deborah. She wore a slim black dress, black flats and her hair up, as always. Her maroon lipstick brightened her already electric green eyes. 

"Are you going to let me in?" she asked,"Or is our date happening out here?"

I realized I had just been staring at her. I stepped aside, taking her arm, and led her into the dining room. She sat down at one end of the small table while I went to prepare the food. But first, I poured her some red wine I had bought that morning. 

I made roast beef. One of the first things we ever talked about. Nelson had introduced us and we hit it off so we decided to go to a coffee shop. We were talking about our lives, our childhoods, when we arrived at the topic of family-favorite dinners, we found our families both enjoyed roast beef. I know, weird coffee shop talk. But it was fun. 

I went back to the table, carrying the still warm food. She smiled at me when she realized why I had chosen this dish.

"Nice call back," she said with a slight laugh.

We ate for a while. We talked. We drank. I wanted the night to never end. It was time for dessert. I had made chocolate lava cakes. I knew she loved chocolate, and that she had always wanted to try chocolate lava cake, but she was never able to find a good place to get them. So I attempted them.

She absolutely loved the cake. Seeing her happy made me so stupidly happy. We had finished eating, and she was out of wine. I picked up the bottle, and pretended to struggle with opening it. I made it finally pop open.

"There was something wedged between the cork and the glass,"I said candidly, holding up a ring."What's this? A ring?" I stole a glance at her. She had shock and excitement written on her face. I kneeled down in front of her. "Deborah," I started my speech I had been practicing,"I have loved you ever since I first saw you. You're beautiful, you're brilliant. You are everything I could ever want and more. Deborah, will you make me the happiest person on this planet, and marry me?" I paused,"If I can make someone like you happy."

She threw her arms around my neck, pulling me into her embrace. "Of course." I slid the ring onto her finger then pulled her into a deep kiss.