Chapter 2

"Don't you have any food?" Kol asks, rummaging through Amara's cupboards.

Amara is about to answer when she sees Niklaus walking into her bedroom.

"Hey! No! I don't want you anywhere near my delicates!" She shouts, not trusting the thousand-year-old to not go snooping around in her drawers.

The 'visit' of the Mikaelsons came completely unexpected, and she hadn't gotten the time to clean up, so the chances were that Niklaus might find something very uncomfortable in her drawers.

"I only wanted to look around." Niklaus replies as he turns back, holding his hands up in defense.

"That's what panty sniffers say!" Amara retorts, glaring at the hybrid, who was now turning bright red.

"But, I never-I wouldn't." Niklaus stammers, trying to come up with a reply that would justify his actions. He was somewhat insulted that his mate thought he would be a pervert.

"Do you only have crackers?" Kol interjects, looking unimpressed at the carton box, shaking it a little to let the other inhabitants know that the content of the box was going to be disappointing.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know I was going to play host to a bunch of vampires." Amara scowls. "Next time I will make sure to stack up on O negative."

"Thank you, darling." Kol replies before continuing his rummaging, completely disregarding his mate's sarcastic tone.

Amara bit her tongue, the company of the Mikaelsons demanded the utmost of her patience. If they weren't vampires, she would have shown them the door long ago, but since they were invited in, they'd probably be back in no time.

"No, don't touch that. Inviting you in isn't a free pass to get your paws on all of my belongings!" Amara says as she sees Elijah opening her jewelry box.

"Niklaus is the one with paws, dear." Elijah replies with a straight face, carefully placing the necklace he had been admiring back down.

"I'm this close to calling the cops." Amara grumbles. She suddenly gained a whole new appreciation for kindergarten teachers. Would it be possible to just chain her guests up?

• • •

"Alright, you've been here for two hours now, and you've eaten my last crackers. You're drinking your way through my alcohol supply, and haven't called anyone. Why?" Amara accuses, sending the Mikaelsons who have sprawled on her couch an annoyed look.

Kol reaches out, grabbing onto Amara's waist to urge her to take a seat. His mate looked a little stressed, so some sitting might help, he thought.

"Don't touch me." Amara warns, slapping Kol's hand away whilst narrowing her eyes at him.

"Ow, you're not supposed to harm your mate intentionally." Kol whines, rubbing his hand to gain some pity from the human. The slap hadn't hurt, but the idea of his mate wanting to physically injure him hurt enough.

"My what?!" Amara asks, narrowing her eyes even further at the man.

"Nice going, Kol." Niklaus scoffs, rolling his eyes at his little brother's dramatics.

"Can someone please elaborate?" Amara asks, losing her patience.

"We shouldn't tell her right now," Elijah interjects. "I don't think she would take the news-"

"She is standing right here." Amara snaps, shooting Elijah an unimpressed look.

"You're my mate." Kol announced happily, grabbing hold of Amara's hand and ignoring the glare his mate shot him at the action.