Chapter 4

Amara looks thoughtfully at her cellphone. She was alone, she could do it. A week ago, Jane had handed her the phone number of a random guy who according to her was in for some fun with no strings attached. Jane thought Amara was in dire need to get laid. Charlie had silently agreed with Jane, as always.

Jane was correct, she was in need of a good one-night stand. She could of course have sex with one of her good-looking roommates, but they would probably think that she would want to start a relationship or an eternal commitment, which was the last thing she wanted right now.

Amara had sent the Mikaelsons to the movie theater under the guise of desperately needing to clean the house with chemicals, which 'Yes, every human did this occasionally'.

This was her chance, probably her only chance in gof knows how long. Amara felt the slightest bit of guilt gnawing at her, Kol and Niklaus had been quite gloomy this morning, this would only worsen if they would find out- no, she wasn't allowed to think that wa. She owed the Mikaelsons nothing, no relationship, no sex, and no justification of who she was sleeping with. With new-found confidence, she hits the call button.

• • •

"Jane was right."

"About?" Amara asks between gasps. The guy, she thinks his name was Toby, had spent the last three minutes fumbling with the button of her jeans and it was getting difficult to pretend to be turned on by his clumsiness. She had learned that just gasping and moaning was easier than complaining about someone's incompetence.

Amara had met the man on the corner of a bar. The number Jane had given her had no name on it, so it had been a bit of an awkward phone call. The man looked rather good, around the same age as Niklaus and not half as handsome, but that didn't matter. Although Amara had no plans to do anything with the Mikaelson men, she could certainly fantasize about them, especially if her lover for tonight was to lack in certain areas.

"You are certainly fun."

Amara grins before reconnecting her lips with his. There weren't any sparks or any of that nonsense, but it was a more pleasant distraction from the other things that were going on in her life. Besides that, this was a nice opportunity to try a new position she had been dying to give a go. Brad had never been adventurous in bed.

Amara fumbles with her keys and the lock, not wanting to break their kiss. Toby was better with his tongue than his words. He had tried several pathetic pick-up lines on the way home, but he was quite skilled with his mouth, something she was eager to investigate further.

Finally inside, Toby pushes her against the nearest wall, pressing kisses on her jaw and throat. Before Amara can really start to enjoy the experience, Toby was suddenly pulled away from her.

"I see cleaning went well?" Elijah deadpans, holding Toby up by his collar.

"Fuck." Amara curses, glaring at Elijah.

"You've brought dinner, how kind of you, Amara." Nikaus pesters, narrowing his eyes at his mate, who was tugging at her clothes to get them back to their respective places.

"What are you doing here? You're supposed to be watching a movie." Amara accuses, tugging at her shirt to cover her throat a little more.

"The movie got canceled, a power issue." Rebekah shrugs. She had wondered how long it would have taken Amara to notice them, but of course, her fun was spoilt by Elijah.

"Now, if you were feeling lascivious, love, you could have just told us. We, soulmates, are more than happy to satisfy you in that department." Niklaus offers, walking up to his mate. He tugs at the collar of her shirt, revealing several purple hickeys, clearly a little present from the scoundrel who was still struggling in Elijah's hold.