Chapter 78 Injured

Ever since Lord Jing led his troops to recapture Beiyue City, the Shanrong clan exhausted all their strength and failed to take advantage of it. Instead, they lost troops and reduced their numbers.

Zhao Xingyao has been silently paying attention to the people and things in his own barracks, and he has to figure out everything in detail. Not for anything else, just because he had doubts about the death of Prince Jing in his previous life.

At the beginning, everyone thought that Zhao Qicheng, King Rui, and His Highness Zhao Xingyao, the son of the prince, had never experienced hardships and would only follow along to make military achievements. Unexpectedly, not only did these two people not follow the military exploits, but they were resourceful and brave enough to kill the enemy, which won the admiration of many soldiers at once. Some of the brave ones even started to call them brothers and sisters. Anyway, they don't care about the many rules on the battlefield, so it's good to be alive.

That night, Zhao Qicheng and Zhao Xingyao were studying the topographic map in the tent, and they were studying how to launch a surprise attack. At this time, there were only the two of them in the tent, and they sent everyone else out. It wasn't that the two were too careful, but that once or twice before, the enemy acted as if they knew their intentions, and then successfully escaped their attack.

Originally, this kind of thing wasn't too strange, and I didn't say it was successful every time, but Zhao Xingyao was suspicious, and told Zhao Qicheng about it. Zhao Qicheng was also cautious, so the two became more careful afterwards, and kept paying attention. .

After discussing for a while, the two decided that Zhao Xingyao would lead people back to the back of the Shanrong clan tomorrow to wait for an opportunity and give them a hard blow. On the other hand, Zhao Qicheng led people to meet the enemy head-on, attracting the opponent's attention and creating opportunities for Zhao Xingyao.

Zhao Xingyao stroked his chin and said, "We still have to find someone to pretend to be me. We have fought against each other many times. If they find out that I am not there, the other party will definitely become suspicious. Then maybe this plan will not succeed."

Zhao Qicheng thought about it, thought it was true, nodded and said: "You are right, and this is not difficult. There are two people in my shadow guard who are about the same size as you. When the time comes, let him wear yours." Clothes and a helmet, the other party may not recognize you from such a long distance. But..."

Zhao Qicheng frowned, as if thinking of something.

Zhao Xingyao sneered, took Zhao Qicheng's words and said: "However, even if this matter is in our camp, it must be carried out secretly, otherwise the news will leak out, and even if we don't talk about it, it may cause irreparable losses "

The two studied it carefully before Zhao Xingyao turned and left. He still had something to say to Prince Jing, so he didn't go back to his tent directly, but walked towards the main tent where Prince Jing was.

At this moment, Zhao Xingyao was still silently thinking about the plan with Zhao Qicheng just now, so when he was approaching the main tent, he suddenly realized that the surrounding atmosphere was not right. There should be guards in front of the main tent, why is there no one at the moment.

"Oops." Zhao Xingyao yelled, and then he couldn't care about anything else, he just pulled out the saber from his waist and rushed into the main tent.

When he rushed to the tent and saw the scene in front of him clearly, the cold sweat dripped down his back immediately. I saw Prince Jing lying in front of the table, motionless, and standing in front of him were six men in black, each holding a big ring knife in their hands, and the sharp light of the knife reflected on Prince Jing's body.

Zhao Xingyao yelled, "Father—"

the man in black was startled by Zhao Xingyao's sudden utterance, and three of them reacted quickly, turning around and killing Zhao Xingyao with their knives in hand, while the other three were lying on the ground. Prince Jing on the table raised the knife.

Zhao Xingyao didn't care about rushing towards his man in black, and threw the long sword in his hand, just hitting the opponent's sword, temporarily stopping the opponent's movement. With the long sword out of his hand, Zhao Xingyao was fighting against six opponents with his bare hands at the moment. He rushed to Prince Jing's side with a stride, and took advantage of the gap to put his hand on the side of his neck, feeling the beating of the pulse, and Zhao Xingyao's ugly face eased a little.

Just now when he came in and saw Prince Jing lying on the table, the blood in his whole body was about to freeze. He was afraid that he was late, and that he still hadn't been able to change the established ending of his previous life.

He was already paying attention, but he didn't expect that the other party would have an opportunity to take advantage of him. He didn't dare to imagine what would happen if he stayed a little longer at night!

The man in black saw that Zhao Xingyao was alone at this time, and he was forced to throw away his weapon just now, so he felt nothing to be afraid of being alone with his bare hands. Several people gave each other a look, and then they all clenched the knives in their hands.

Zhao Xingyao guarded Prince Jing, stared coldly at the person opposite, and asked aloud: "Who are you? Did your leader send you here?" Obviously

the man in black would not answer his question Yes, they raised the knife and rushed towards Zhao Xingyao together. While protecting Prince Jing, Zhao Xingyao fought with the six people. As soon as they fought, Zhao Xingyao secretly thought that it was not good. The martial arts of these people are not low, and their tricks are weird. Protect Prince Jing.

Therefore, Zhao Xingyao deliberately made more noise while fighting with them, hoping to attract the people patrolling nearby.

The other party obviously also saw his intention, so the offensive suddenly became more violent, moving towards the deadly place. Zhao Xingyao was single-minded and soon lost, and his arms were wounded a few times, and blood gushed out instantly, staining his sleeves red.

One of them said in a low voice: "He is the son of King Jing, killing their father and son is a great achievement, hurry up and do it."

When Zhao Xingyao heard this, his heart tightened, and he quickly turned around to protect Prince Jing, but as soon as he came to Prince Jing, he was chopped off by one of the men in black on the shoulder. Zhao Xingyao only felt a sharp pain in his shoulder, followed by Warm liquid flowed out.

Enduring the severe pain, Zhao Xingyao grabbed the back of the knife, then slapped the man's heart with his palm, and took the knife into his own hand at the same time. At this time, the voice of the patrolling soldiers finally came from outside the tent, and Zhao Xingyao quickly shouted: "There are assassins!" The

patrolling soldiers rushed in immediately with people, and the men in black saw more and more people coming, and planned to make a quick decision After killing Prince Jing and Zhao Xingyao, Zhao Xingyao tried his best to protect Prince Jing's side. Finally, the man in black could only give up when he saw that he could not attack for a long time, and immediately raised his knife and went out to kill.

No matter how powerful the martial arts are, as long as there are enough people, using human sea tactics can kill people. In the end, only one of the six men in black escaped. The other five either died of exhaustion or committed suicide by taking poison because they did not want to be captured. Only one escaped from the siege.

Zhao Xingyao also passed out due to excessive blood loss and exhaustion at the moment. The military doctor is very busy at the moment. He has to bandage Zhao Xingyao's wound and confirm the condition of Prince Jing. He is as busy as a spinning top.

Zhao Qicheng on the other side was also attacked.

Before, after Zhao Xingyao left, Zhao Qicheng studied alone for a while, and when he was about to rest, a soldier walked in with his head down, carrying a bowl of soup.

Zhao Qicheng didn't pay much attention at first, and just asked casually: "What is this?" The soldier replied in a low voice , "It's the soup

specially prepared for you by the kitchen."

He couldn't see his face clearly. Zhao Qicheng slowly walked up to the soldier and asked, "Why haven't I seen you before?"

The soldier lowered his head even more, and replied, "Your Highness, you are busy with affairs, how can you remember every unknown soldier."

Zhao Qicheng nodded, "That's true. Since this is the case, I will trouble you. Put the soup down!"

The soldier put the soup on the table as he said, and said in a low voice: "The master ordered when we came, this soup It's best to drink it while it's hot."

Zhao Qicheng slowly came to the table, reached out to pick up the soup, "Is that so? You guys have a heart."

As he spoke, he slowly brought the bowl to his lips. Looking at Zhao Qicheng's movements, the soldier's eyes slowly revealed excitement.

Just when he thought that Zhao Qicheng was going to drink the soup, Zhao Qicheng suddenly changed his face, and directly poured the soup in the bowl at the soldier's face, then drew out the long sword at his waist and stabbed the soldier in the heart, and shouted at the same time: "You Who is it?"

The soldier waved away the soup bowl that was thrown at him, and pulled out a dagger from his sleeve, barely blocking Zhao Qicheng's long sword. At this moment, he no longer had the low-browed and pleasing look just now, and his eyes were full of murderous intent.

"How did you find out?" the soldier asked, flicking his dagger.

Zhao Qicheng shook the long sword in his hand, and said with a sneer: "there is a rule in the army, no matter who is at this moment, no extra food will be brought over. Also, although you are wearing the clothes of an ordinary soldier, the aura around you Unlike a soldier in the army, you are more like a river and lake person. Maybe you are also afraid that your eyes will be exposed, so you keep your head down all the time, until I pick up the soup bowl, you can't help but raise your head slightly, with joy in your eyes Tell me, who sent you here?"

The soldier didn't bother to pretend anymore, and straightened his back, "I didn't expect you to be so sharp, I really underestimated you. Now that you have discovered it, then... I have no choice but to shut you up forever."

After speaking, the soldier charged towards Zhao Qicheng. Zhao Qicheng held up his sword to resist, but only heard a clang, and the long sword in Zhao Qicheng's hand broke in two. Before he could react, the dagger stabbed towards his heart. The skin on his chest was cut.

At this time, the shadow guard beside Zhao Qicheng finally appeared, and immediately started fighting with the man dressed as a soldier. Before Zhao Qicheng sent the shadow guards out to investigate the situation, he didn't expect that such a small gap could be exploited. The shadow guards went up together, the man was hard to beat with both fists and four hands. Seeing that the situation was not good, he took out a piece of bamboo pipe from his arms, opened it and threw it at the crowd. A puff of green smoke filled the tent immediately, and everyone hurriedly covered it. Shut your mouth and nose, how can you care about that person's whereabouts. By the time the smoke dissipated, the man had long since fled without a trace.

That night, Zhao Qi was slightly injured, Zhao Xingyao was seriously injured, Prince Jing was unconscious, the whole camp became tense, and the number of patrolling soldiers tripled.