Chapter 2: Lightning

Ares and I exited my car and began to head to the front office. Ares reached over and grabbed my hand. He held it till we got to the door of the entrance. I looked around at the familiar school. The school still looked just the same. Not much had changed honestly. The tacky colors of blue and red were still decorating most of the walls. I suddenly remembered that I never opened Rachel's reply this morning so I have no clue what her first period is.

It only took Ares and I five minutes to get through the crowd and in the front office. The office was just the same as the hallways. I didn't recognize the woman behind the desk. She looked to be about in her early 40's and had that classic dyed blonde hair. She greeted us with a smile.

"Good morning, What can I help you with?"

"Good morning, My brother and I need to pick up our schedules." I said as I smiled back.

"Okay, What's the last name?" she asked as she reached under the desk and brought back up a thin stack of papers.

"Drakos"

"Athena and Ares. Correct?" she questioned.

"Yes ma'am."

She nodded and plucked two papers from the stack and handed them to us.

"Take a second to look over it. Let me see what your first class is, Athena."

I handed her the paper back and she scanned it really quickly. She explained to me that I would need to take the first staircase on my left. Once I get to the top, it will be three down on the right.She looked at Ares and instructed him how to get to his first class. We thanked her and walked out of the office. Ares ruffled my hair and said he would see me later.

I followed the nice front office lady's instructions and arrived at my first class. It was American History. At least it was a class that was somewhat easy for me. I would hate to have pre-cal at 8:40 in the morning.

The classroom was about half-way filled up with students. I scanned the room for a seat in the back and thanked the gods that there were four in the back still open. I made my way down the aisle and sat in the one right before the last seat of the row. The bell still didn't ring for another two minutes so I decided to get my slytherin notebook and my emerald green pen out of my backpack. I began to doodle on the front page of my notebook when I felt someone brush against my arm. I lifted my head to see two boys sitting in the seat across from me and adjacent to me in the other row. Both boys looked tall, at least 6'0 foot. The one in the seat across from me had red hair that was cut into short layers. He has freckles dotted across his face. He was cute especially with those piercing blue eyes. He gave off a hard don't fuck with me attitude. The guy seated behind him was definitely more approachable. He was hot! His cheekbones were high and when he smiled he had a dimple that appeared. Fuck, I was such a simp for dimples. His eyes were a brilliant green. And suddenly those brilliant eyes were staring right into mine.

I dropped my gaze and began scribbling in my book to look like I wasn't just looking at him.

The bell rang just as I felt something, or better yet, someone brush against my back. The touch left tingles climbing up my spine.This time,tho, I didn't bother looking to see.

A man I assumed was the teacher ,due to him being a middle-aged man, walked into the classroom. He called the class to order and began to talk about the syllabus that was posted on the board. I paid attention, writing down when he pointed out something we would need for later. The class passed quickly and before I knew it, the bell rang.

I gathered my stuff and stood up. I took three steps when I was hit from the side. I gained my balance quickly but I wasn't quick enough to balance my stuff. It fell to the ground with a harsh clatter.