Chapter 1: Hell

"Shush. Quiet."

I tensed as I recognized the familiar voice in my ear. My first instinct was to fight but I knew better. If I fought him or made any sound, then he would hurt Emmi or Ares. I couldn't let him hurt them.

I lied completely still, balling my fist into the comforter to keep from fighting him. I felt him run his hands down my body, removing clothing as he went.

"Did you think you could avoid me so easily? That's cute."

His voice sent a shiver of terror down my spine. I bit my tongue, praying for him to stop, to just leave. I knew he wouldn't. He now knew the power he held over me and never hesitated to use it, no matter to what extent he hurt me.

He must have been in a hurry because he sat up and I heard the sound of his zipper being yanked down.

My body tensed. Tears began to stream out the corners of my eyes no matter how much I willed them to stop. I didn't want this monster to see how much pain he brought me.

I felt him line his dick against my dry hole.

My mind began to fill with panic. I tried to breathe and let myself slip into thoughts of the past, back when I was safe and happy.

Any moment now he would take yet another piece of me. Of my Innocence, of my childhood. I braced myself for the hard shove that I knew would be coming.

Three

Two

I sat up gasping for air as my eyes tried to adjust to the darkness through the tears pouring out of my eyes. My heart raced as I fought the memories of the past out of my head. The terror pouring through me eased slightly when I recognized my surroundings. My new room. I reminded myself that I was okay now. I still felt the ghost of his hands running down my body and I knew that sleep would be inevitable now.

I grabbed my phone off the nightstand that was sitting right beside my bed. I was greeted by the comforting picture of my little brother and little sister, smiling at the camera. I opened my phone and immediately sent my best friend a message.

It was 5:05 am and I knew she wouldn't be awake yet. Rachel slept till 6 every day. She refused to wake up before that.

Rachel is my best friend of 6 years. She is the person I trusted most in this world. She was absolutely beautiful with tan skin and dark brown hair. Her hair was the type of hair most girls would kill for. Her hair hung in loose curls to just past her shoulders. I wasn't particularly tall at a grand height of 5'3" but she was one of the few people that was shorter than me. It was only by an inch or two but I took great pride in rubbing those few inches in her face sometimes. Like for instance, when I can reach a bowl in the top of the cabinet and she can't.

I sigh and turn my music on while I begin to get ready to take a shower. I needed the water to be scalding. That was the only thing that took the feeling of him off of me. I jumped in the shower and began the assault on my skin. I scrubbed my skin until some parts bleed. It never felt like enough. It was like his touch had sunk to the depth of my soul and scarred it in ways that could never be repaired.

I finally decided that I had scrubbed too much when I examined the contact burns that rubbed across my neck and thighs. The pain didn't register at the moment, but I knew from experience that it would register later. It would hit me out of nowhere and burn so bad that tears would fill my eyes. I just prayed that it didn't happen in the middle of class. That would definitely attract unwanted awareness to my very existence.

I washed my hair and sped through the rinsing process. I climbed out of the shower and debated on going ahead and getting dressed; I vetoed that idea quickly and threw my fuzzy pajama pants and tank top back on. I took a moment to bandage the wounds on my thigh and neck. I hoped my hair would cover it.