magic

Considering the last race weekend had ended with Toto screaming at the FIA about a collision between Max and Lewis, Dev was happy to enjoy a few days of sun and rest in the warm fall of Australia.

Devlin had just missed out on the podium in the last race. She had to battle hard with Checo and Carlos. It limited her chances to slip by Charles, who was stuck between the two Mercedes, to none.

Whether the margin of points separating Red Bull and Mercedes grew, it didn't seem to bug Max as he sat across the table from her.

Daniel had insisted some of the drivers came early to pay him a visit.

She found herself sitting at a table at a bustling club. Lando and Mick sat to her left and engaged in some sort of conversation.

Checo sat to the right of her. He had been very kind to her the past weeks in the paddock. Besides Lewis, she had almost seen him as a father figure. He always congratulated her after a successful test last year. This year he pushed her on and off the track to be better.

He was chatting in Valtteri's ear. He sat there and listened. He was always quiet and a man of few words. Yet his few words were always the right ones. From time to time, she missed having him around in the garage.

Carlos kicked Lando's shin underneath the table. Logan snickered as he sat next to the Spaniard.

"Ow mate!"

Lando gave him an exasperated look.

Carlos just nodded his head behind him. Dev broke her glare from Max for a moment. She looked over his shoulder and saw Pierre and Charles walking over to them.

Devlin looked back at Max as she leaned towards Checo.

"Is it just me or is there a possibility they're gay?"

Checo and Val just laughed at her comment. Before they could respond Max spoke.

"I won. You lost. You blinked."

"Did the fuck not!"

Max was in better spirits towards her. Especially after she finished behind him in the last race.

Or maybe the fact that Kelly had grown quite fond of her. That was a story for another time though.

Daniel greeted the two new additions and announced to the group.

"Gents and Dev,"

He winked at her, she just rolled her eyes at him.

"I have gathered you here today, to get you all completely shitfaced."

Valterri cracked a quiet joke about his high alcohol tolerance which gained a laugh out of Checo and Devlin.

She cleared her throat. Her blonde hair brushed over her shoulders in two braids.

"I think Max should pay given his first win of the season."

Max gaped at her and Lando just like out a noise that sounded like a squeal.

"Yeah mate. You heard the lady."

She bowed her head before adding on,

"Come on, you could pay for your license. Surely you can pay for the tab."

Carlos stifled a laugh, as Max cracked a wicked smile. He was so going to get her back for that.

Before she knew it Danny paraded over with a handful of shots. She didn't question the alcohol choice as she knocked it back. It stung her throat. She coaxed it down within a few seconds regardless.