sometimes

The paddock was full of commotion as it alway was on a tear down day but what surprised Charles even more was how many drivers were out and about in the garages that early. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves at the Red Bull party last night. Others perhaps a little more than they should. Lando was standing with Max outside of the Red Bull garage, they were chatting with their hands over their mouths. Even if it was Monday at the track, there were unwanted cameras everywhere, more so as the summer deadline for contract talks came closer.

Lando and Max seemed to hush their conversation as he walked by. He figured that Lando was going to eventually make the move to Red Bull perhaps this was the year. Charles continued the trek through the never ending paddock. Of course with Aston Martin being a slower team last year, they were farther down the paddock. Charles rounded the corner to see Checo engaged in a serious conversation with Lance. Perhaps contract talks had flared up during the race weekend.

The Mexican driver just raised his eyebrows as Lance's attention shifted to Charles. Sergio turned around and just nodded as he seemingly parted ways with Lance and their conversation. He patted Charles on the back as he walked back down to the other end of the paddock.

"Contract talks have really gotten that bad already?"

Charles tried to draw some light from Lance. His face was as if he was trying to hide a wince.

"Oh no, contract talks are going well. At least for Checo."

Lance's eyes flicked over to his previous teammate walking down the paddock then glanced back to Charles. He opened his mouth as if to say something but Kaden walked over to him before he could. Charles took a step back as if to clear the way for him to get to his friend. Kaden didn't seem to notice him unfortunately.

"Is it true Lance?"

Lance just raised his eyebrows and lifted his hands to reason with his friend. Whatever had sparked a fire in his friend this early in the morning was serious. Kaden glanced over his shoulder and calmed his features as he saw Charles. His emotions were apparently only for his friend to see. The emotions were gone as he turned to face him, yet something shone in his eyes, pain.

"Was she telling the truth?"

Charles raised one eyebrow and slightly lifted his head to the side. He didn't quite understand his question.

"About all the pictures and that night in Monaco?"

This wasn't exactly what Charles wanted to think about right now but he supposed if he cleared the air that Devlin left a misty haze over might somehow prove to her how much he cared for her. Or it was at least a start in that direction.

He just nodded his head and that was enough for him. The Canadian turned to his fellow Canadian and murmured something along the lines that they would speak later before storming off to brew elsewhere.

"How do I get her back?"

"Well I suggest you start racing on two wheels instead of four, get insanely ripped and dye your blonde. You already speak French so you're part way there."

Charles stood there gapping at the statement his fellow driver made.

"Drama travels fast, even faster when it's about Miss Hunt."

He put an emphasis on her name that would have made Charles laugh on any other day.

"How do you know?"

"Checo, who was told by Max who was apparently told by Lando who was walking down to the paddock this morning when you decided to make a little wake up call."

Leave it to Lando to tell nearly everyone in the paddock.

"I would ask your friend Pierre how to get rid of him, they seem to be pretty close friends."